Senior Manager, Product Deployment
SENIOR MANAGER, PRODUCT DEPLOYMENT - STAR LAB
Location – Washington DC / Huntsville, AL
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for individuals who desire to engage and support customers, solve difficult problems, and enable others to succeed. You will receive a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. Individuals selected for employment can work at any of Star Lab's four locations.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to the Star Lab COO. You will collaborate with product managers, developers, and sales personnel, and Star Lab senior leaders.
- Manage a portfolio of complex deployments and configurations of a Linux kernel and hypervisor tool suite that protects mission-critical and safety-critical systems from cyber and reverse engineering threats
- Ensure product deployments are completed on time and within budget; adjusting with professionalism to changing customer requirements and timelines
- Leverage knowledge of embedded security, operating systems, virtualization technology, anti-tamper, or other areas of expertise to solve customer problems
- Collaborate with highly technical customer integration teams, including coordination with their continuous integration/continuous deployment processes.
- Coordinate with various customer stakeholders such as program managers, technical leaders, systems engineers, purchasing agents, and contracts officers to ensure integration services are meeting requirements.
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Provide leadership for teams by building and motivating employees to meet goals, adhering to their responsibilities and milestones
- Report on organizational success criteria, metrics, and operational activities
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
CORE COMPETENCIES & DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS
Deep expertise in several of the following skills and technology areas:
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Comfortable engaging customers, understanding their needs, and formulating solutions
- Experience working customer-facing services and business development.
- Experience overseeing and managing budgets, deliverables, and schedules
- Familiarity with military and defense contractor acquisition processes
- Strong technical background in software development, preferably low-level Linux development
- Understanding of cybersecurity and technology protection practices (cryptography, privilege separation, etc.)
- Some knowledge/experience with hardware architectures that that include embedded processing boards, rack servers, and chassis subsystems
- Some knowledge/experience with defense combat systems
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly, to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience – including comfort with public speaking experience
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated credibility with customers, partners and cross functional stakeholders
- A minimum of 5-years professional experience in product management or program management capacity working with a software engineering team
Due to security requirements, US Citizenship is required..#LI-NS1
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.