Software Architect – Linux and Open Source Joint Development Programs
What you’ll do
Utilizing your extensive experience around security, Linux networking, GNU tools and the GNU C Compiler, you will have the opportunity to architect the Wind River Linux product with a focus on security, tool-chain and networking.
Who You Will Work With:
- Product Line Managers and Engineering Project Managers and other architects to plan ongoing future development
- Product Line Managers, Sales and customer architects to determine software requirements
- This position will report to the Senior Director, Engineering
- Design of overall security architecture and security features for Wind River Linux
- Oversees integration of all Linux networking features, design of new integrations with the run-time
- Resident expert on Linux tool-chain, architecting and designing new features as needed
- Backup architect for kernel, build and tool features
- Works with other architects to define technical road-map for WR Linux
- Contributes to the open source community with the aim of advancing the community
- Researches, designs, and writes specifications and methodologies in cooperation with other architects
- Works closely with Product Line Manager and Engineering Project Manager and other architects to plan ongoing feature development
- Works with Product Line Management, Sales, and customer architects to determine software requirements
- Generates technical documentation and contributes to product requirements
- Generates outward facing whitepapers, blogs, presentations and talks
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
- Assists in project management decisions
- Mentors more junior developers in technology, industry best practices, procedures, and concepts
- Significant experience in a senior technical / architect role, extensive experience in Linux software development
- Significant experience working with and participating in Open Source Communities and working effectively in an open-source development environment
- Experience driving architectural software directions from a system viewpoint
- Significant experience with python, git and cross compilers.
- Familiarity with STIG, FACE, FIPs and other security standards an asset
- Knowledge of components of open source apps such as OpenSSL, OpenSAF, Apache, OpenCL, SELinux, etc…
- Familiarity with Agile development and Dev Ops a significant asset
- Experience with Yocto an asset
- Strong embedded software development experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Comfortable working in a distributed development environment with regular business travel
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem
- Able to enthusiastically work, interact with and educate diverse groups such as sales, marketing, business development, partners, support, etc.
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.