Agile Engineering Program Director
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you! As the EPM director you will play a pivotal role in enabling that evolution!
What you’ll do:
As the Agile Transformation Lead and Engineering Program Director (EPM Director) you will lead the Engineering Program Managers and work with Wind River’s Engineering and Product Management teams to drive agile transformation across a broad range of products, projects and initiatives. Your work will directly impact our company’s velocity, agility and market penetration. The EPM Director will play a pivotal role in driving execution of our Agile Vision across engineering, creating supporting process infrastructure and ensuring engineering commitments are consistently met.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will work with nearly all groups within Wind River, including other parts of Engineering Leadership Team and Product management as products and initiatives are shepherded from inception to delivery. This includes supporting existing in-flight programs and driving new initiatives.
- This position will report to the VP of Engineering Excellence
Including but not limited to:
- Drive transformation of product development to the next level of Agile, LEAN, CI/CD execution in a way that is optimized for Wind River
- Managing team of senior Engineering Program Managers, including performance assessment and career development through a transformational period
- Enable EPM team to program manage in an Agile world and become Agile Champions for the organization
- Drive and lead cross product group release planning, execution and status reporting
- Drive schedule and content commitment between Engineering and Product management for cross product releases
- Identify and resolve impediments, risk, dependencies, and scope changes for cross product releases
- Maintain engagement with business teams, product owners, and technical leads to ensure strategy and execution alignment for cross product releases
- Ensure that all stakeholders are well informed of objective, scope, timelines, status, risk and issues of the planned deliverables for engineering
- Create an environment allowing mutual influence, collaboration, and self-organization
- Drive continuous improvement across all engineering teams in conjunction with EPM team
- Experience leading cross product transformation
- Agile, LEAN and CI/CD expert with past experience in coaching
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership qualities in previous positions with ability to influence others
- 5+ years of program management experience, in a cloud, SAAS or embedded software environment
- Must have 5+ years of people management experience
- Strong understanding of other methodologies such as waterfall
- Must be a collaborative and strong team player
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.