System Test Scrum Master - Helix Virtualization
What you’ll do:
Wind River Systems is seeking a System Test Scrum Master to lead the execution of system test for our safe and secure product. The successful candidate will have a solid grasp of scrum and agile principles and is able to lead the team to complete all required system testing for a release. You will combine your system test knowledge with your ability to lead a team to enhance our ability to release on time and with quality.
Who You Will Work With:
The System Team Scrum Master will partner with the System Test Lead to define and execute system testing for a HELIX release. The prioritization of the testing will be reviewed with engineering management and business leaders to ensure the testing is targeted to the highest business priorities. The System Test Scrum Master will work with other members of the team to develop and execute system tests for a specific release. Also, System Team Scrum Master will work with the other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and by participating in Scrum of Scrum lean coffee sessions.
- Plan and manage test events from development through final acceptance – Ensuring that the integration and test, product technical performance, quality, cost and schedule requirements are met
- Provide oversight of requirement trace-ability throughout all test phases
- Apply broad knowledge of multiple engineering principles and disciplines to troubleshoot failures/problems and coordinate other cross-functional teams for test efficiency
- Participate in design workshops, specification walk-through, and requirement reconciliation
- Develop estimates for each testing phase
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives and customer journey/story mapping)
- Removing impediments to the team's progress of its Sprint goal, which includes ensuring that outside interruptions are redirected to the Product Owner
- Post-secondary credentials in an applicable technology or design field
- A minimum of 5 years of testing and test management on large software implementation projects (should include completion of 2 complete projects)
- Create Test Plans, Quality Plans, Test Cases, and executing & reporting Test results
- Experience in system testing on complex technologies
- Experience with performance and load testing
- 3+ years' experience as Scrum Master role for a software / test development team
- Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to maintain a high degree of quality
- Experience with configuration management / build management procedures
- Experience with JIRA is an asset
- Experience working in a DevOps environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio is an asset
- Experience with virtualization or containerization is an asset.
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
The role presents an excellent opportunity to work on a pioneering, world-class product for an architect with a strong point of view on human-computer interaction that is confident presenting their work from concept to deliverables and release. It is an ideal role for the architect that excels in a team environment, has strong bias towards decision-making and action, and can effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.