Director of Accounting
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a Director of Accounting to assist with leading our accounting team and supporting the company’s growth strategy. The Director of Accounting will use their expertise in financial reporting and technical accounting to mentor and develop the members of their global team. This role will also provide the opportunity to drive major business decisions by collaborating cross-functionally.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will lead and collaborate with talented accounting professionals located in Alameda, Costa Rica, China, and Japan, with broad responsibilities over the APAC region.
- This position will report to the Corporate Controller
- Work in a dynamic, international team for a growing PE-owned industry leader.
- Assist with leading accounting operations and close process to deliver timely and accurate financial information
- Mentor and develop accounting team members
- Assist with technical accounting support on new and complex transactions and work cross-functionally to advise on accounting implications to drive business decisions
- Coordinate and review our international subsidiaries with a focus in the APAC region
- Coordinate and manage Worldwide consolidations
- Ensure proper internal controls over financial reporting are in place and consistently followed
- Ensure that corporate policies and accounting procedures are adhered to and in compliance with US GAAP standards and industry best practices
- Assist with creating workflows within Oracle to improve functionality built in Oracle
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead team members in remote location and cross-functionally partner
- Proven ability to lead projects and drive change
- Ability to solve problems and implement process improvements
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Education: BS/BA degree in Accounting and CPA preferred
- Work Experience: 8+ years of accounting experience in both private and public accounting sectors with experience working with broad array of Asian subsidiaries
- Technical Accounting Experience: thorough knowledge of US GAAP; bonus if this includes software revenue recognition rules (both ASC 605 and 606)
- Systems Experience: Oracle experience is preferred
- Industry Experience: software industry experience is preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.