Wind River in Alameda has a great opportunity for a Revenue Accountant who desires to work with a talented group of people to obtain high profile revenue recognition skills in the software industry. Our revenue team works closely with teams across the company and combines technical, analytical and strategic thinking to support the company’s initiatives and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze sales contracts to ensure worldwide revenues are properly accounted for according to US GAAP
- Work with sales, professional services & legal to provide consultation to field sales force in accordance with ASC 606 during customer negotiations to achieve revenue objectives
- Review status of professional services work for revenue recognition purposes
- Train sales & professional services professionals on revenue recognition policies
- Assist in other revenue related projects, such as SSP testing and other system tests
- Prepare required journal entries during monthly/quarterly close cycles
- Assist in the worldwide, quarterly revenue reporting process, as well as providing support in quarter and year-end review/audit procedures
- Assist in supporting External Audit reviews of the revenue cycle
- Aid in the documentation of processes in compliance with Section 404 Sarbanes Oxley requirements and ensuring those processes are adhered to within the Quote to Cash process
- 2+ years in public accounting (Big 4 preferred)
- Knowledge of Software Revenue Recognition (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of other accounting and finance areas beyond revenue
- Great interpersonal communication skills, as the position requires effective interactions with sales
- Excellent documentation skills (i.e.: accounting memo and control procedures, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Oracle Financials and Discoverer preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Able to think strategically and translate into operational plans to make things happen
- Results driven and delivers outcomes in a timely manner
For nearly 40 years, Wind River software has enabled digital transformation across critical infrastructure sectors. We are helping a wide range of industries accelerate their evolution from automated to autonomous systems and ensuring the software-defined world of the future is safe and secure reality. Headquartered in Alameda, CA, Wind River has more than 15 offices around the world. For more information please visit our website at www.windriver.com
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.