Member of Technical Staff - Services
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a talented embedded Linux expert, who will join the Professional Services team at Wind River. Wind River Linux is a commercial Linux operating system based on the Yocto distribution that is used word wide in a variety of industries; Telecom, Industrial, Medical, A&D, etc. Wind River has 40 years of experience developing embedded operating systems. As part of your role at Wind River you will work on a variety of Linux related projects and leading-edge hardware platforms.
- A technical leader responsible for systems architecture, design and implementation of embedded software, BSP’s, device drivers, middleware, systems software and application software
- Support customer hardware bring up of custom embedded hardware systems.
- Review code and design
- At least 5+ years embedded Linux experience with strong Linux knowledge
- Experience in custom embedded hardware bring up
- Software development experience on multiple common embedded processor types (x86, ARM, etc.)
- Experience as code reviewer
- Familiar with code review system and collaboration tools for development
- Good English communication skills in reading, writing and speaking
- Experience with contributing and collaboration with open-source communities will be a plus
- Experience with Docker container and Kubernetes will be a plus
- Experience in developing a solution based on the Yocto project will be a plus
- Experience with VxWorks, Wind River Linux will be a big plus
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Life and Disease Insurance
- Annual Medical Check-up
- Language Education Support
- Selective Working Hour
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.