Cloud Services Engineer
Cloud Engineer EMEA – Professional Services
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is a leader in delivering software for the intelligent edge. This role requires the understanding and delivery of the technical requirements of major networking and telecom operators. You will leverage Wind River’s Cloud Platform to deliver geographically distributed, high-performance, production grade Kubernetes-based solutions for managing edge cloud infrastructure. Optimized for the network edge, the solutions you will support address service provider’s complex challenges of deploying and managing a physically distributed, cloud native vRAN infrastructure.
You must have experience in software engineering with a strong focus on Telecom and data networking. You will need to apply your technical expertise, passion for open source to understand the customer’s problems and develop solutions using our product offerings and services.
A qualified candidate is expected to be hands-on in the deployment of Wind River’ Cloud platform, extending product features, working with hardware, and testing code. Experience in open-source projects such as Ansible, OpenStack, StarlingX, Git and Markdown is a benefit.
- Provide technical guidance and delivery of projects based on Wind River’s Cloud Platform to Communication Service Provider (CSP) customers.
- Work with Professional Services Project Managers to prepare project descriptions, identify task lists, set schedules, determine engineering hours, estimate project risk and deliver on successful bids.
- Work with customers during presales negotiations, architecture discussions, requirements definitions and during software development.
- Be comfortable with building, reconfiguring, and provisioning lab equipment such as servers, real and virtual routers and networks in both Wind River and customers’ lab environments.
- Perform resident engineer activities during the deployment of Wind River’s Cloud Platform
- Understand and assist with Customer’s 5G deployment
- Participate in Customer’s software and system lifecycle processes to ensure that incorporation and updating of Wind River’s products are planned and executed successfully.
- Some travel will be required.
- Experience with a direct customer facing position and comfort with customers and issue resolution skills.
- Experience in open-source projects such as OpenStack, StarlingX, Akraino, and ONAP is a benefit.
- Enjoy working on leading edge technologies and projects.
- The ability to work on a team & independently on multiple high priority projects.
- Be willing to work in an ambiguous environment and willing to self-learn.
- Verbal communications via articulation of past project details and outcomes and written communication skills.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of software development or solutions architecting experience in the following areas:
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of wireless/cellular telecom, and 5G edge deployments.
- Experience in network system-level solution design.
- Expertise in virtualization, containers, Kubernetes, orchestration, OpenStack, and cloud-native technologies.
- Exposure to SDN concepts, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and ETSI-MANO.
- Linux background covering deployment, image build, application, and kernel development.
- Linux (Centos, Redhat) background covering deployment, image build, application, and administration.
- Adept at various programming languages: Python scripting languages like Ansible, Perl, etc.
- Ideally, Spanish language skills, enabling business discussion/dialogue
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Salary Package
- Pension plan, Health Care Cover, Life Assurance, Private Dental Cover and Business Travel Insurance
- Long Term Incapacity Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.