Senior Account Manager - Commercial Sales
Position Title: Senior Account Manager – Commercial Sales
Location: Ottawa, ONT
What you’ll do
In this position you will hunt for new opportunities in your assigned list of Named and Strategic Accounts. You’ll nurture current customers to ensure their highest level of satisfaction and up-sell solutions to assist them in meeting their business objectives. You’ll lead a diverse team of specialists with a variety of skill sets needed to target and close business in your region. As the leader you’ll be responsible for Account Planning, Strategy, Tactics and bringing opportunities to closure. You’ll perform these functions leveraging Salesforce and other CRM solutions which provide maximum visibility across the organization to ensure all are aware of the opportunities you are working.
Who You Will Work With:
- Field Application Engineer
- Inside Account Executive
- Field Marketing
- Sales Operations
- Work as a member of the North American Commercial Sales team that consists of:
- Sales VP, Field Applications Engineer, Product Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives, Field Marketing and other Wind River resources
- Proactively create the demand for Wind River solutions and build a pipeline of qualified prospects within a set list of named accounts targeting the Networking, Medical, Industrial and Automotive vertical markets.
- Build and manage an accurate forecast to achieve quota.
- Become the trusted advisor to the ‘C’ and ‘VP’ level decision makers in your accounts by establishing and developing business relationships based on a commitment to delivering quality solutions addressing their business issues.
- Meet with and listen to the needs of prospective customers to understand their current business issues and obstacles which stand in the way of success.
- Map Wind River’s offerings to their business issues to help them overcome these obstacles and grow top line revenue.
- Develop and Manage Sales Campaigns in your region targeting your named accounts.
- Leverage Corporate Executives, Strategic Marketing, Vertical Marketing, Professional Services and other WR resources to execute on your initiatives to drive Wind River solutions into your customer base.
- Close business on an annual basis that reflects at least 100% of the assigned annual Quota.
- Maintain contact with your customer base to ensure our Customer Support Organization is delivering the highest quality of support and to ensuring they are using our products to the maximum benefit.
- Understand the markets you serve and the value our products deliver.
- Ensure Wind River maintains its leadership positions in each of the solutions we develop.
- BS/BA Degree - MBA preferred (BSEE/BSCE helpful but not necessary)
- 10+ years technology sales experience in the software arena
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions oriented sales approach
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- Solid grasp of embedded software sales, professional services sales leveraging a Solution Sales process.
- Demonstrated success establishing and cultivating business relationships with ‘C’ level executives which have resulted in larger more complex solutions delivered.
- Strong hunting and prospecting skills as well as the ability to build solid relationships and attain trusted advisor level credibility with established customers
- Evidence of success selling value solutions to major, strategic and named accounts
- Excellent listening, presentation and public speaking skills
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where you will help shape the most widely used commercial RTOS on Earth and on Mars.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.