Member of Technical Staff - Technical Support
If you’re a curious and collaborative engineer, someone excited about tackling hard problems and finding innovative solutions, you will love being part of our group.
Our customers use our Wind River Systems Products (on-prem and SaaS) to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology user experiences.
You will work with standard off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs and systems, troubleshooting not only for OS issues but the possible interaction problems between the hardware design and the software applications of our customers throughout their life-cycle and help them successfully reach their business goals by implementing Wind River’s products and services. Wind River Systems products include Ai/ ML suites which assists with digital transformation, you are expected to be able to use and support these suites.
You will need to be sharp and self-driven to jump into our labs and duplicate customer environments, systems, and devices.
You will master skills in a wide range of Wind River tools such as IDEs, compilers, etc., to understand customer setups, anticipate or investigate possible root causes, and provide high-quality solutions.
You will work closely with end-users, stakeholders, and developers within Wind River customer support operations to assess, troubleshoot, and solve complex multi-layered issues (hardware, software and everything in between).
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support customers who are encountering problems on Wind River’s products.
- Communicate effectively with customers to resolve their problems.
- Communicate effectively with account teams on customer issues.
- Handle customer and defect escalations.
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Develop technical content for online support site.
- Participate in support process improvement activities.
- Mentor local and global Customer Support Engineers.
- Provide support and training to internal customers.
- Act as single point of contact (Premium Support Engineer) for Premium Support Customers.
- Considered as expert in some areas of products.
- May need to provide on-site support and training to customers.
- Proactively contribute content to the various Knowledge Bases within Wind River
- Document Problems for Knowledge Base so that customers may solve similar problems on their own in the future
- CSAT, NPS, CES and SLA compliance.
- Achievement of Objective and Key Results (OKRs) as set by management.
- Review of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Successful Escalation Handling.
- Completion of Special projects.
Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Math, Physics, or related technical field.
Experience/ Competencies in most of the following
- 6-8 years’ experience required with 3-5 years of customer facing role experience preferred.
- Experience with RTOSes like VxWorks and Linux.
- Familiarity with Wind River products is a plus.
- Experience in Device Drivers, BSP, HW design, Networking and other technologies used in embedded system applications.
- Understanding and experience in high level languages and application of C/C++ RUST, Python etc.
- Excellent language skills in English and either German or French highly desired
- Understanding of IaaS like AWS, Azure etc.
- Understanding of applications running in Cloud as SaaS and know-how of tools used in Cloud.
- Experience in DevOps CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes.
- Experience in Linux and Windows host environments.
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues in a real-time embedded environment.
- Familiarity of major processor families: PowerPC, Intel and ARM and RISC-V, including multi-core.
- Understanding of networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Experience with some of technologies like NFV, OpenStack, DPDK, DPI, SDN, embedded Linux & security-enhanced Linux, virtualization, VOIP, networking security a plus
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Independent and should be able to handle multiple products simultaneously.
- Frequently provide assistance and training to less experienced CSEs.
- Should be able to represent CSO in discussions with product Managers, engineering, sales etc.
- Able to lead projects and make decisions independently.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.