DITA Information Architect
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As part of the Wind River information development team, you will provide a positive and meaningful user experience to our customers by planning the information structure for our documentation and support network web site.
You will support DITA authoring in a small team of writers based in multiple North American locations. This includes both acting in a technical support capacity and providing leadership and mentoring in the implementation of topic-based authoring and minimalism.
- Augment the web and authoring tools support team in Romania with your in-depth knowledge of DITA and experience designing documentation taxonomy
- Help support and maintain authoring tools, workflows, templates, and content models for effective content creation and delivery
- Recommend and develop DITA authoring, publishing, reuse, glossary, index, taxonomy, and metadata strategies for content navigation, classification, and discovery
- Provide guidance and training on principles of technical writing, structured and topic-based authoring, single-sourcing, style guides, copyediting, and minimalism to other members of the Documentation team and across Engineering
- Participate in stakeholder discussions to anticipate and identify immediate and long-term business needs around content requirements, expectations, and user experience
- Assist the Customer Education department in designing holistic, persona-based onboarding assets that combine documentation, eLearning, and instructor-lead content
- 7+ years as professional technical writer or information architect
- Knowledge and experience working within a component CMS (Ixiasoft DITA CMS preferred) and XML editor (oXygen preferred)
- Familiarity with user experience and usability principles
- Expert editorial, grammar, and structured authoring knowledge
- Experience producing content across multiple channels
- Ability to work collaboratively in a sharing, supportive, team environment
- Success creating content for software engineers or similar scientific or technical audiences
- Experience configuring DITA publishing tools and DITA-OT plug-in development
- Experience creating and producing multimedia content, especially eLearning
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.