Senior Cloud/Containers Software Developer
Why Choose Wind River?
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
What You’ll Do
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing software engineer for a position developing a cloud-based platform for its Titanium Cloud product. Based out of the Kanata R&D facility, the successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering the world’s first telecom grade cloud platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities. Titanium Cloud is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes.
Who You Will Work With:
The successful candidate will work and collaborate with development and customer facing teams to ensure high levels of product quality.
- Develop leading edge, high performance cloud and container technologies for the Edge.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, Ceph, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Contribute to a highly available, carrier grade platform which will be the platform of choice for 5G vendors.
- Develop and deliver high quality designs and code.
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 10 years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Excellent programming skills using Python and C/C++.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Development experience with containers and/or cloud based technologies including OpenStack would be an asset.
- Exposure to other languages (SQL, XML, Go, scripting) would be an asset.
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in our Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies twice a week
- Bagels every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf courses
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.