DevOps Architect - DevOps Cloud Platform
Requires U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Locations: Alameda, CA / Broomfield, CO / Huntsville, AL / Seattle, WA/ Portland, OR
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is looking for an experienced high-performing DevOps architect for a position developing a cloud-based DevOps platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
Interface & Collaboration
The successful candidate will lead and collaborate with the development and customer-facing teams to ensure high levels of usability, scalability, and product quality.
- Collaborate, design, and lead in DevOps infrastructure development spanning on-prem, AWS, and Azure
- Integration of third-party and homegrown tools into a DevSecOps Platform.
- Facilitating the development process and operations
- Creating suitable DevOps channels across the organization
- Establishing continuous build environments to speed up software development
- Designing efficient practices
- Delivering comprehensive best practices
- Managing & reviewing technical operations
- Guiding the development team. Guide technology choices and integration decisions in a microservice architecture driven by open source technology choices
- Provide deep technology expertise and be able to teach and train others
- Foster a culture of innovation and rapid experimentation of open source technologies
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
The successful candidate must be able to lead, guide, and teach in cloud-native software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- US Person on US soil
- 5+ years of experience w/ cloud-native, microservice design in AWS and\or Azure
- 10+ years working in software and web application development
- Has developed developer tools
- Extensive DevOps expertise
- Expert level Kubernetes, tekton, and Docker
- Expert deploying using virtualized environments, Open Stack, Aws, Azure
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tool integrations.
- Expert level REST, oAuth 2.0\OpenID, Pub\Sub, Consistency Models
- Experience with Linux software development
- Experience with Postgres, Nifi, and Kafka desired
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.