User Experience Architect - Helix Virtualization
What you’ll do:
Wind River Systems is seeking a User Experience (UX) Architect to lead the design and usability of our safe and secure product. The successful candidate will have a solid grasp of user research, information architecture, interaction design, and content strategy, and is able to clearly communicate to teams and clients how those factors will influence the design processes and outcomes. You will combine interfaces, visual design and workflows to enhance user experience, making our product user-friendly and intuitive.
Who You Will Work With:
The UX Architect will partner with various business teams in the organization to understand how the end user will interact with the platform, and then develops the structure and flow to make that possible. This position will report to the Senior Manager responsible for product integration and user experience.
- Be a relentless customer advocate.
- Understand product specifications, history and road-map
- Conduct usability testing, gather feedback and requirements from internal and external teams.
- Develop wireframes, mockups and prototypes around business needs
- Develop personas and user scenarios
- Be the liaison between Product Management and Engineering, understanding the requirements and limitations of each group
- Take initiatives to modernize user experience in all its aspects, including expansion to other products in our portfolio
- Rapidly deliver concepts and prototypes in a fast-paced, agile environment with a high amount of ambiguity, where you know when to apply low-fi designs and when to create pixel-perfect outcomes.
- Work with UI developers to implement vision
- Design elegant and clear user interactions across multiple platforms.
- Advance design point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationales, customer data, and industry trends.
- Post-secondary credentials in an applicable technology or design field
- 8 to 10 years of experience as a User Experience prime, with multiple enterprise level projects under your belt
- Expertise gathering requirements, audience research, content strategy, interaction design and usability for user experience
- Ability to crystallize abstract ideas into designs, present them, and explain rationale behind them
- Understand the limitations of the platform and the technology on which it will be delivered when designing new features and enhancements
- PC experience and skills including Microsoft office applications of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Portfolio of design projects or delivered sites an asset
- Experience with virtualization or containerization an asset
- Knowledge or experience with Agile development workflows
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
The role presents an excellent opportunity to work on a pioneering, world-class product for an architect with a strong point of view on human-computer interaction that is confident presenting their work from concept to deliverables and release. It is an ideal role for the architect that excels in a team environment, has strong bias towards decision-making and action, and can effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.