Senior Field Application Engineer - Auto
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Interface & Collaboration
Working with the leading provider of integrated Intelligent/embedded software solutions, you will work with the some of the most talented engineers in the Automotive industry to draft technical solutions to challenging problems.
As our customers look to gain a competitive advantage in this digital first world, they are looking to companies like Wind River to partner with in their journey. Wind River is answering this call through our delivery of the world’s first Cloud Native Environment that enables developers of intelligent edge devices to transform and optimize their device life cycle from Development to Deployment, to Operations, and Servicing.
Your opportunity is to join as a key member of an exceptionally talented and highly motivated field engineering team. You will be responsible for understanding our customers' business and technical needs and to work with them in the role of technical evangelist and trusted advisor in crafting the next generation Intelligent systems.
You will be an integral part of the Field Engineering Organization in APAC and focus on India Auto business. You will collaborate with Account Managers who act as a hunter role with a focus on net new logo acquisition.
- As an experienced System Architect in a customer facing role, you will partner with the Account Manager/ Solutions selling team to guide your customer through their Digital Transformation journey. The responsibilities include understanding their technical needs, architecting technical solutions, and proving them through product presentations, Discovery/Technical workshops, solution demos, proof of concepts/values, and evaluations to win the technical sale.
- You will engage with customers in a consultative and business led approach striving to help them maximize their business transformation goals through aligning with Wind River’s Intelligent systems portfolio.
- You will focus on formulating the right strategy to create a win-win for both customers and Wind River.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience with DevSecOps development methodologies including deep understanding of tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Strong C/C++ programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills are needed.
- Familiarity with other languages such as Ada/Java/Python/Rust/Perl is a plus.
- Effective communication skills exhibited through technical presentations, demonstrations and confidence in leading customer discussions and passion for whiteboarding sessions are necessary.
- Understanding of Classic/Adaptive Autosar is required.
- Software Define Vehicle knowledge and experience will be a plus, such as Autonomous Driving, ADAS, xCU, etc.
- Previous experience in the Automotive vertical (both OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers) is a strong plus.
- Embedded software development and system architecture experience (e.g., RTOS, Linux, etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Safety and Security standards and the applicable safety standards for Industrial/Automotive (IEC 61508/ISO26262) will be a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Native application development and hands-on experience with AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure will be a desired skill.
- BSCS or BSEE is required
- 6+ years of embedded software development experience, solution architecting and hands-on with the technology is required.
- Cloud Native Architect certifications are desired.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in customer facing role will be a plus or strong desire and passion in customer facing role will be equally considered.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.