Services Simics Engineer - Member of Technical Staff
Services MTS Simics
Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981, and its technology is found in more than one billion devices as varied as military aircraft displays, robotics and telecommunications equipment to automotive electronics, mobile phones, and set top boxes. Wind River is head quartered in Alameda, California, with offices in 20 countries. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
One of Wind River´s successful and growing products is Wind River Simics. Simics is a deterministic full system simulator able to run the same binaries as the HW it simulates and doing so faster than competing simulation technology. Embedded SW development is dramatically faster and more efficient in a simulated environment and this is what attracts Wind River´s customer to Simics. Simics can run SW backwards, a feature that is saving Wind River Simics customer enormous amount of time and effort.
Interface & Collaboration
You will report directly to a local project manager who will be supporting the Simics Program Manager based in North America. You will be engaging with Wind River customers, and highly skilled Wind River teams including Field Applications Engineers, Simics Product Management, Project Managers, the Simics team in Costa Rica, Chengdu and other remote locations.
- Develop Simics simulation device models using DML, C++, and Python.
- Adapt Target software like VxWorks and Linux to run on Simics simulations.
- Debug and resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
Establish a deep understanding of Simics customer needs and leverage those insights to provide outstanding solutions.
• Manage ongoing issues, system configuration and testing for Wind River Projects.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly
Self-motivated person with the ability to work, hands-on, with minimal supervision
• A track record of solid decision making skills and judgment
• Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills with the ability to work across multiple geographies
• Solid technical, analysis and problem solving skills
• Experience with development of device drivers in an embedded environment on VxWorks or Linux
- BS or Master’s degree student would be a plus.
A minimum of 5 year of experience in embedded software design
• Strong low level embedded software development (e.g. BSPs and device drivers)
• Familiarity of major processor families: PowerPC, Intel and ARM and MIPS
- Experience with open source development environment
Experience with device drivers, BSPs and HW design
• Experience with simulation technologies is a plus like Simics, System-C and QEM
• Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
- BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Private life, health and travel insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.