Senior Cloud Security Engineer - DevSecOps
Requires U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Locations: Alameda, CA / Broomfield, CO / Huntsville, AL / Portland, OR/ Seattle, WA / US Home Office
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
What You’ll Do
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing senior software engineer for a position developing a cloud-based platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience in cloud-native software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must along with an unbounded desire to learn new technologies and their application.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will lead and collaborate with development and customer-facing teams to ensure high levels of intuitive usability and product quality.
- Deliver and maintain cloud infrastructure, spanning on-prem, AWS and Azure.
- Develop and deliver features that will secure a DevSecOps platform
- Deliver features and updates to the infrastructure using Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, GitLab, and other cloud-native tools.
- You will be responsible to manage and maintain secure integrations between tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, JIRA, and many more.
- Lead efforts to install, configure and utilize hardware security modules (HSM)
- Lead efforts to install, configure and utilize a security information and event manager (SIEM)
- Develop and implement appropriate security policies and requirements and perform related technical activities
- Expert in cybersecurity principles, terms, and trends
- Familiarity and a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of:
- Applying security features in cloud providers (e.g, Azure AWS, etc.)
- Cloud orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Containerization of services
- Securing data pipelines that include Postgres, NiFi, and Kafka
- Private certificate authority workings and implementations
- The development of Infrastructure as Code including Terraform and Helm
- DevSecOps principles and implementations
- Development in an agile methodology environment
- Excellent programming skills in a Linux environment in one or more of Python, Java, Go, and C/C++.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Experience with TLS protocol, its cipher suites, and enabling TLS mutual authentication
- Security penetration testing and auditing using security-related tooling
- Industry standards-based documentation, certification, and accreditation such as NIST SP 800-53, FIPS 140-2/3, and Security Technical Implement Guides (STIGs) and bringing components into compliance with these standards
- Self-managed, fast learner, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good listener.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative situations.
- Ability to brainstorm and represent competing ideas simultaneously.
- Growth mindset who is passionate about learning and applying new technologies.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in the areas of software engineering with 2+ years of experience in cybersecurity-related arenas.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- US person on US soil
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.