Product Manager - Safety Platforms & Tools
PRODUCT MANAGER – SAFETY PLATFORMS & TOOLS
SOFTWARE SAFETY PLATFORMS
US CITIZENS ONLY
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- As a member of Product Management team, you will own existing Safety Certified Platforms, articulate Wind River approach to Functional Safety to customers, partners, and government agencies, and lead Wind River’s mission in accelerating safety certification with the next generation of platforms, tools, and processes.
- You will do what B2B Product Managers do: write requirements, justify investments, prioritize the backlog, create roadmaps, do market research, look at the competition, collaborate with the sales teams on key deals, review defects, engage with various trade organizations (OpenGroup, ARINC committee), etc.
- To be successful, you will work in close partnership with an experienced Engineering team and our Certification Office.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are passionate about software in general and have an affinity for Operating Systems and associated tools.
- You understand the constraints that Functional Safety imposes on development and are eager to look for ways to improve internal and customers’ outcomes.
- You look at moonshots but understand that walking happens before running.
- Functional Safety is not something you need to google and have heard of DO-178C, IEC61508 or ISO26262.
- You can explain the differences between an OS for a car or an airplane, and that of a personal computer, even if your significant other finds it odd.
- This is not your first rodeo. In the last 5+ years, you worked with or on safety certified software, preferably in the Aerospace and Defense market.
- An Agile work environment is your expectation, and you are comfortable with using either Linux or Windows.
- While a businessperson, you are happy to roll up your sleeves and work with engineering on technical nuances.
- You do not need a babysitter.
- You are driven and self-motivated.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- BA/BS (Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Marketing or equivalent)
- You have worked at least 5+ years on software in markets we serve
- Well developed analytical abilities, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- You must be a US citizen on US soil to work with defense contractors
YOU WILL GET EXTRA CREDIT IF YOU....
- You are familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Rust, Python, Node.js.
- You have knowledge/understanding of the embedded software and hardware markets.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.