Product Manager - Safety
PRODUCT MANAGER – SAFETY
US Citizens Only
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In this role, you will work in the Program/Product Management team leading the Wind River mission to accelerate the safety certification process using next generation tools and technology. You and the engineering team will distill a set of tools, techniques and practices into a plan that will accelerate 1st and 3rd party certification process – from years to weeks.
As the recognized expert on functional safety, you will define the company’s safety point of view and represent Wind River during engagements with customers, partners and government agencies.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with other product managers, engineers, Field Applications Engineers (FAEs), Professional Services, sales leaders, corporate marketing staff, and customers.
- You will work in close collaboration with the Certification Office to define the certification best practices, process and tools to be used by all groups involved in Certification projects in the company.
- You will be the voice of Wind River with trade organizations and standardization working groups such as ARINC, FACE, and others.
- This position will report to the Sr. Director, Product Management for the portfolio
- Formulate and continuously refine the Wind River Certification vision with all stakeholders)
- Write, prioritize, and provide justification for product requirements
- Manage backlog (Kanban and Agile reviews)
- Work with development teams on a daily basis
- Engage with the sales team to review key aspects of deals
- Conduct market research and gather and analyze competitive information
- Partner to define and then own the product road map
- Provide relevant content to corporate marketing for development of product collateral (presentation and other) for internal and external customers
- Be the primary outbound product interface for safety certification of software
- Represent the company at several standardization organizations such as ARINC, FACE, NIST, DISA, etc.
- Provide guidance and direction for certification efforts, including compliance assessment, gap analysis, and 3rd party conformance testing
- Strong analytical skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS (computer science, engineering, marketing or equivalent)
- 6+ years working with functional safety solutions, preferably in the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Must understand aerospace, defense and industrial safety standards such as DO-178C, IEC 61508, or ISO 26262. Previous experience participating or running a safety certification process is a plus
- Understanding of software development in an Agile environment
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows development environments
- Knowledgeable enough to have technical discussions with engineers
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative and culturally diverse environments
- Driven, self-motivated, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
- Ability to multitask and provide technical leadership on a number of concurrent programs
- Must be a US citizen on US soil to work with defense contractors
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Node.js, Rust) is desired
- Knowledge/understanding of the embedded software and hardware market is strongly desired.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.