Strategic Account Manager, Telecoms & Networking
Strategic Account Manager
Reports to: VP Sales, EMEA
Job Type: Regular, full-time
The Wind River sales team are a power-house in our organization, ensuring customers engage in collaborative & strategic, long-term partnerships, allowing them to unlock the full potential of Wind River solutions. We strive to become the premier provider of solutions & services with customers, engaging at senior management level, in a visionary capacity.
What you’ll do:
The role will have responsibility for developing and maintaining long term business relationships with our strategic customers across our Telco vertical. You will be assigned to and manage a small number of our highest value strategic accounts with considerable size of current bookings within a territory and work to gain better understanding of the challenges facing some of our biggest customers. You'll collaborate with these accounts to discover new opportunities, use past solutions as blueprints for future success, and build relationships with C-level executives to guide technological decision-making. The ultimate goal is for Wind River to be the premier provider of solutions and services in our target accounts within the Telco market.
Who You Will Work With:
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you to achieve your strategic vision and revenue goals. This will include pre-sales technical experts, professional services, MST, management, post-sales technical support and dedicated sales administration.
- You will engage with both internal and external senior executives to review business
- Global Telco & cross vertical sales teams within Wind River, collaborating on best practices, sales enablement and tools to effectively execute company goals and revenue targets
- Marketing teams, to create strategic campaigns, providing feedback on previous campaigns and asset effectiveness
- Field Account Teams and Inside Account Executives to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies that are tailored to the account/vertical/territory needs
What will you do?
- Develop strategy and plays to drive double-digit YoY growth in territory with pre-determined goals by account
- Lead cross-functional Wind River team in execution of strategy, orchestrate sales employees across global accounts to drive focus and collective ownership of strategy
- Navigate through the complexity of projects/deals using a strategic mindset and prior industry experience
- Develop rich and intimate knowledge of customer’s business and establish yourself as a trusted advisor amongst key decision makers; familiarity and understanding of customer’s industry dynamics
- Build & grow executive level mapping / contact within strategic accounts
- Position Wind River in direct master sales agreement negotiations & RFPs
- Establishing long-terms sales and account management strategy as well as implanting tactical approaches to realize that strategy
- Develop strong presence within target accounts and become a trusted advisor to all customer touch points
- High visibility at industry forums and events
- Understand target business models, including technology problems they are working to solve
- Engage in P&L level conversations with senior leaders, guiding dialogue to complex business and technology discussions
- Collaboration with all points of contacts to up-sell in existing accounts and to drive new business
- Create and drive strategic revenue growth plans through complex solution sales plans
- Collaborate with global sales colleagues to establish and share best practices for continuous improvement
What are the Requirements?
- Senior executive sales experience, with an extensive, establish network of connections
- Technical and/or business related degree.
- Demonstrable comprehensive understanding of the Telco market, gained through a minimum of 10 years of experience within sales and account management (ideally in the Open Source software business)
- Significant experience as an individual contributor, consistently exceeding assigned quota
- Deployment of various selling motions (solution, values-based, relationship, feature/benefit, etc.) to technical and executive-level decision makers, using creative business thinking and thought leadership
- Major account planning experience, involving the negotiation of large deals
- Proven experience dealing with complex business and software development processes and issues
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 30 days annual holiday + Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Pension plan, Health Care Cover, Life Assurance, Work Injury Insurance and Travel Insurance
- Preventive Health Care allowance
- Glasses for VDU
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is second time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in safe, secure & reliable Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? We have a spot for you.
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Want to work on the systems that will be in the next jet (commercial or defense), autonomous car, AI robotics, or space craft? Want the opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally? Then join Wind River today!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.