Project Accounting Manager
Project Accounting Manager – Professional Services – Wind River Systems
Wind River has an opportunity for a Project Accounting Manager. The position requires and in-depth knowledge of project accounting in order to develop strong partnerships with project managers and delivery directors to help reach financial goals. You will be responsible for ongoing operations associated with new project set up, project budgets, labor cost, billings, revenue and forecasting.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment, multiple priorities/tasks and dealing with different cultures worldwide. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
- Manage Project Accountants to ensure processes are being followed on assigned projects.
- Partner with Project Manager for different verticals and maintain accurate project revenue, gross margin, invoicing and backlog forecast
- Review and approve deals as they move along in the selling cycle and ensure they comply with the approval matrix.
- Work closely with the accounting group during the month-end and quarter-end close process.
- Prepare month end and quarter end journal entries for any necessary accruals, cost adjustments or labor transfers
- Reconcile unbilled and deferred accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency improvement
- Assist with training for Project Manager and Project Accountants
- Ad hoc analysis of business trends, scenario planning and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area desired
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of professional experience in accounting/finance department working in Professional service, Engineering, or Architectural firm preferred.
- Strong financial system skills: Oracle, oracle project accounting module, BI, Sales Force, Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail an ability to summarize large volumes of data
- Strong problem-solving and financial modeling skills
- Ability to make decisions in a fast moving environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels in an organization
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.