Senior Product Manager - Open Source Platforms
NORTH AMERICA - USA or Canada
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where you will help shape the future of the Intelligent Edge.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
It’s an exciting time to join Wind River to integrate the Linux open-source community into mission critical solutions. In this role, you will advocate for customers, develop customer profiles, identify customer scenarios, define requirements and identify hardware for Wind River Linux (a hardened Intelligent Edge Linux distribution). As part of the Intelligent Edge & Mission Critical Devices Product Management team, you will collaborate across product management, engineering, sales and the leadership team to deliver a reliable product. You will be responsible for driving Wind River Linux’s customer success, business success and product delivery all vertical markets.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with other Product Managers, Engineers, FAEs, sales leaders, corporate marketing staff and customers.
- This position will report to the Senior Director, Product Management.
- Write, prioritize and justify product requirements
- Manage backlog (Kanban reviews)
- Support sales to help drive business
- Review deals
- Market research
- Define and own roadmap
- Develop product collaterals (presentation and others) for internal and external customers
- Provide information to corporate marketing
- Collect competitive information
- BA/BS (Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Marketing)
- At least 5 years of product management experience within the software industry
- Understanding of Open Source dynamics is a must
- Knowledge of at least a couple of Linux distributions (Yocto, CentOS, Ubuntu, Suse, etc.)
- Must be technical enough to discuss Linux packaging and building with engineers
- Knowledge/understanding of the embedded market is desired
- Experience with software development in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative and culturally diverse environments
- Self-driven, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.