Business Development Representative
Position Title: Business Development Representative (BDR)
Location: Alameda, CA
What you’ll do
The BDR is responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for the inside, field and channel sales teams to pursue. As a BDR you will generate demand via inbound and outbound calls, email and other digital strategies into assigned accounts and territories.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Development, the BDR is often the first contact for many Wind River prospects via inbound and outbound calls. The BDR qualifies prospects, uncovers business challenges and develops qualified leads for Wind River’s account teams.
Who You Will Work With:
The BDR will work closely with Field and Inside Sales Reps to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies that are tailored to the account/vertical/territory needs. The BDR will also work cross functionally with the Marketing team to provide feedback on marketing campaigns and asset effectiveness.
- Generate pipeline for the sales organization
- Qualify marketing qualified leads (MQLs) against established criteria before passing to inside reps, field reps or channel partners as Sales Qualified Leads
- Execute outbound sales campaigns to qualify and establish meetings for inside and outside account managers.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualifying and nurturing activities in CRM and other sales tools
- Reach and have meaningful, productive conversations with prospects and customers to create Wind River awareness and establish meetings
- 3+ years of success generating leads and qualifying potential customers in a B2B software selling environment
- Track record of success in a performance and metrics driven role
- Must possess a fearless attitude paired with abundant optimism
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical solutions to customers
- A self-starter with proven success cold-calling at multiple executive levels within an organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent sales experience
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where you will help shape the most widely used commercial RTOS on Earth and on Mars.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.