Customer Success Engineer - Embedded Systems
US Citizenship Required
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
If you’re a curious and collaborative engineer, someone excited about tackling hard problems and finding innovative solutions, you will love being part of our group. Wind River Systems products include Ai/ ML suites which assist with digital transformation, you are expected to be able to use and support these suites.
Our customers use Wind River Systems Products (on-prem and SaaS) to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology and user experiences. Our engineers are driven by a desire to protect mission-critical and safety-critical systems.
You will contribute to porting, testing, and deployment of a Linux kernel and hypervisor tool suite that protects mission-critical and safety-critical systems from cyber and reverse engineering threat. Leverage knowledge of embedded security, operating systems, virtualization technology, anti-tamper, or other areas of expertise to evaluate customer requirements, devise solutions / approaches, and meet challenging delivery deadlines. Enthusiastically collaborate and teach customers about our products, support product evaluations, train users, participate in design engagements, etc. Ensure efficient and streamlined version control and workflow, supporting the team in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment.
You will work with standard off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs and systems, troubleshooting not only for OS issues but the possible interaction problems between the hardware design and the software applications of our customers throughout their life-cycle and help them successfully reach their business goals by implementing Wind River’s products and services. Experience in development and supporting SaaS environment and applications is required.
You will need to be sharp and self-driven to jump into our labs and duplicate customer environments, systems, and devices. You will master skills in a wide range of Wind River Systems and other Cloud tools & technologies such as Hypervisor, IDEs, compilers, Dockers/ Container, Kubernetes, Jenkins etc., to understand customer setups, anticipate or investigate possible root causes, and provide high-quality solutions.
This position works closely with end-users, stakeholders, and developers within Wind River customer support operations to assess, troubleshoot, and solve complex multi-layered issues (hardware, software and everything in between).
- Support customers who are encountering problems on Wind River’s products.
- Communicate effectively with customers to resolve their problems.
- Communicate effectively with account teams on customer issues.
- Handle customer and defect escalations.
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Develop technical content for online support site.
- Participate in support process improvement activities.
- Mentor local and global Customer Support Engineers.
- Provide support and training to internal customers.
- If needed act as single point of contact (Premium Support Engineer) for Premium Support Customers.
- Considered as expert in some areas of products.
- May need to provide on-site support and training to customers.
- Proactively contribute content to the various Knowledge Bases within Wind River
- Document Problems for Knowledge Base so that customers may solve similar problems on their own in the future.
- Be available for after-hours duties in case if there is need for 24/7/365 coverage.
- CSAT, NPS, CES SLA compliance.
- Achievement of Objective and Key Results (OKRs) as set by management.
- Review of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Successful Escalation Handling.
- Completion of Special projects
- 6-8 years’ experience required with 3-5 years of customer facing role experience preferred.
- Understanding of Cloud vs. on premise computing. Solid understanding of fundamentals of cloud computing.
- 5+ years' experience working in development and production operations supporting a cloud-based environment.
- Experience with RTOSes like VxWorks and Linux. Familiarity with Wind River Systems product a plus.
- Must have experience building, testing, debugging, and porting Linux kernel code across different versions and operating system variants like Yocto.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux based operating systems environments (CentOS, WR Linux are preferred) including Hardware, software, networking and storage.
- Experience in Device Drivers, BSP, HW design, Networking and other technologies used in embedded system applications.
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes and involved tools.
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues in a real-time embedded environment on various hardware to include embedded processing boards, rack servers, and chassis subsystems.
- Familiarity of major processor families: PowerPC, Intel and ARM and RISC-V, including multi-core and assembly.
- Understanding of networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Experience with some of technologies like NFV, OpenStack, DPDK, DPI, SDN, embedded Linux & security-enhanced Linux, virtualization, VOIP, networking security a plus.
- Understanding of information security practices (cryptography, privilege separation, etc.)
- Understanding and experience in high level languages and application of C/C++, GO/ RUST, BASH, Python etc.
- Understanding of IaaS like AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience in virtualization/containerization technologies like KVM, docker, containerd. Experience working with Xen-based virtualization as well as using and testing on Linux systems is a plus.
- Deep understanding of System level components like systemd, sysvinit, udev management etc. Capable of building custom images and creating new systemd services.
- Experience in standard opensource cloud technologies like Kuberenetes, openstack, helm, microservices etc. Candidate should be able to write templates to create K8s pods with custom requirements that runs micro-services.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Independent and should be able to handle multiple products simultaneously.
- Provide assistance and training to less experienced CSEs.
- Should be able to represent CSO in discussions with product Managers, engineering, sales etc.
- Able to lead projects and make decisions independently.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Math, Physics, or related technical field.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet Friendly Environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an equal opportunity employer.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.