Senior Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager, Telecoms & Networking Sector
Location: EMEA: UK, France or Germany
Job Type: Regular, full-time
Reports to: VP, Sales – Global Networking
The Wind River sales team is a power-house in our organization, ensuring customers engage in collaborative and strategic, long-term partnerships, allowing them to unlock the full potential of Wind River solutions. We strive to become the premier provider of solutions and services with customers, engaging at the senior management level in a visionary capacity.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the VP of Global Networking Sales, the role will have responsibility for developing and maintaining long term strategic business relationships with our key customers across EMEA. The ultimate goal is for Wind River to be the premier provider of solutions and services in our target accounts within the European Telco market.
Who You Will Work With:
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you to achieve your strategic vision and revenue goals. This will include pre-sales technical experts, professional services, management, post-sales technical support and dedicated sales administration.
- You will engage with both internal and external senior executives to review business
- Global Telco sales teams within Wind River, collaborating on best practices, sales enablement and tools to effectively execute company goals and revenue targets
- Marketing teams, to create strategic campaigns, providing feedback on previous campaigns and asset effectiveness
- Field Account Teams and Inside Account Executives to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies that are tailored to the account/vertical/territory needs
What will you do?
- Build and grow executive level mapping / contact within major Telco customers
- Position Wind River in direct master sales agreement negotiations and RFPs.
- Establish long-terms sales and account management strategy as well as implanting tactical approaches to realize that strategy
- Develop strong presence within target accounts and become a trusted advisor to all customer touch points
- High visibility at Telco industry forums and events
- Strong collaboration within industry accounts, Nokia, Ericsson, Cisco, Juniper
- Understand target business models, including technology problems they are working to solve
- Engage in P&L level conversations with senior leaders, guiding dialogue to complex business and technology discussions
- Collaborate with all points of contacts to up-sell in existing accounts and to drive new business
- Create and drive strategic revenue growth plans through complex solution sales plans
- Communicate openly, transparently and pro-actively at all times
- Collaborate with global sales colleagues to establish and share best practices for continuous improvement
What are the Requirements?
- Technical and/or business related degree.
- Demonstrable comprehensive understanding of the Telco & Networking sector, gained through a minimum of 10 years of experience within sales and account management (ideally in the Open Source software business)
- Business Development success
- Significant experience as an individual contributor, consistently exceeding assigned quota
- Deployment of solution-selling sales approach to technical and executive-level decision makers, using creative business thinking and thought leadership
- Major account planning experience, involving the negotiation of large deals
- Proven experience dealing with complex business and software development processes and issues
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is second time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in safe, secure & reliable Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? We have a spot for you.
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Want to work on the systems that will be in the next jet (commercial or defense), autonomous car, AI robotics, or space craft? Want the opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally? Then join Wind River today!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.