Vice President – Telco Channel & Partner Sales
VICE PRESIDENT – Telco Channel & Partner Sales
ABOUT WIND RIVER
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
For almost 40 years, Wind River has been the leading provider of embedded operating systems to the world’s leading developers of critical infrastructure and autonomous systems. We have delivered these solutions to the most innovative companies in the Robotics, Aerospace, Defense, Medical, Automotive, Industrial Controls and the Telecommunications industry. As our customers look to gain competitive advantage in this digital first world, they are looking to companies like Wind River to partner in these journeys. One of the most exciting areas of innovation going on today across all of these market segments is being enabled by the adoption of public and private 5G communications technology. We at Wind River are establishing ourselves as the market leader with recent wins with Tier 1 Communication Service Providers, Global System Integrators, and Telco Equipment Manufacturers.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced sales professional to join Wind River as the leader of our Telco Channel Partner team where you will be responsible for the growth, enablement, management and satisfaction of our Telcom Channel Partners and our channel sales team. This high impact position will report directly to the Corporate VP Global Sales. This role has significant executive visibility. If you are energetic, creative, strategic, highly motivated and are driven to compete and win in emerging markets, this role is for you.
In this position, you will develop the strategy and vision for Wind River’s channel programs and sell through and side by side with our channel partners.
You'll collaborate with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to accelerate new routes to market and growth in our channel revenue while developing business opportunities for new products in emerging areas. More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain a sales strategy and jointly developed business plans for strategic Telco Channels and Partners for the Enterprise and Network Carrier markets. Use business plans as a roadmap for partner growth, management of the accounts, contribution to Wind River objectives.
- Build and lead your Wind River Channel and Partner Team
- Partner with Channel Enablement team to effectively enable Partner Sales and technical teams in line with GTM plan and partner program requirements.
- Deliver company strategy to Partner sales and technical teams in a compelling fashion to drive sales.
- Develop selling opportunities with and within Partner organizations and penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned Partner accounts.
- Ensure marketing activities are in place to drive results.
- Develop and manage executive engagement between Partner and Wind River (e.g. sales, services).
- Support Partner pipeline forecast and support conversion in coordination with sales teams.
- Deliver on the Channel and Partner program objectives
- 15+ years of demonstrable channel leadership experience
- Possess the strongest of sales skills and the highest level of technical and business acumen
- Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to complex business situations
- Can effectively interface and communicate with all levels within an organization, including partners, customers and Wind River
- Effective leaders, full accountability, and great team player
- Telco Industry and 5G/ Edge Compute knowledge and experience
- Good analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong competence with various tools, procedures and sales skills to accomplish goals
BSEE or BSCE, MBA preferred but not required
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.