Member of Technical Staff – Embedded Software Development
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to enabling Wind River product and providing customized solution for end customer
Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Professional Services business in China and APAC
The focus of this role is to provide presales and delivery support
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to Director, Professional Services China
You will be an integral part of the Professional Services China Team
You will collaborate with global Professional Services Team and local Filed Application Engineer Team
Business Development: Works closely with the Delivery Director Professional Services, sales and product development to identify, address and win small to large opportunities. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Presales support for PS opportunities, including requirement development, technical discussion with customer and effort estimation.
- Balance risk, effort, customer budget to provide feasible technical solutions to customer.
- Works with Delivery Director to identify and qualify new Service related opportunities.
Delivery Excellence: Has responsibility for project delivery. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Act as technical lead to deliver projects on time, on budget and meet desired quality.
- Act as technical interface for customer projects.
- Work with 3rd party partner to leverage partner’s solution and ecosystem.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Result driven, self-motivated
- Good communication skills for internal/external team
- Demonstrated problem solving skills for embedded system.
- Minimum of 10 years embedded system and software development experience, with 5+ years Linux Kernel, BSP and driver development experience.
- 3+ Year VxWorks Kernel, BSP and driver development experience.
- Demonstrated debugging/development experience with at least one of the following: hardware bring up, PCI, USB, IDE, SCSI, Ethernet/TSEC, UARTs, Security engine, etc.
- Good understanding of virtualization technology.
- Knowledge on C/C++, and assembly languages (X86, ARM, PowerPC, MIPS) is necessary
- Knowledge of Embedded/Networking Security, Firewall, IPSEC/IKE, SSH, SSL
- Knowledge of Automotive (ADAS, Cluster, Telematics)
- Proven customer communication ability
- Good English and Chinese communication skills.
- Travel required, up to 10%.
Benefits & Perks
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.