Cloud Technical Support
STUDIO OPERATOR - TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
About the Opportunity
Wind River is a leader in delivering software for the intelligent edge. This role will require you to use your expertise and knowledge of networking and cloud services technologies to provide technical support for Telecommunication Service Providers and other customers utilizing Wind River’s Carrier Grade Cloud and Edge platforms. In a dynamic, customer facing environment you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary activities and functions include Technical Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and Emergency Recovery. It is critical that the individual in this role be constantly developing and deepening his/her expertise in the latest products and industry technologies to become true product experts for both internal and external customers.
Interface & Collaboration
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Provide Technical Support to Wind River customers using the Wind River Studio Operator Software Suite: Cloud Platform, Analytics, OpenStack and Conductor
- In depth log debug and analysis
- Support customer KPI’s and SLA’s
- Software Upgrades and Patching
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers
- Maintenance of customer lab environments
- Mentor and train others in the organization
- Document and develop technical content and solutions for knowledgebase
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field: Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- Experience working in an external customer facing technical support role
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fundamental L2/L3 networking knowledge: network stacks, switching, routing, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working with Linux
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high pressure customer facing environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous customer issues simultaneously.
Additional Skills Considered a Plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience working with Telecommunication Providers
- Experience with scripting: Ansible, Bash, Python
What product(s) will I be supporting?
Wind River Cloud Platform is based on the opensource cloud infrastructure software StarlingX.
- To learn more about StarlingX: https://www.starlingx.io/
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Private life, health and travel insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.