VxWorks Kernel Intern
Wind River has a great opportunity available for a Summer Intern (approximately May – September) to join the Core OS development team of Wind River's flagship VxWorks Operating System. This candidate will focus on defect evaluation, small feature development, and/or test development on kernel related features. This is a 40- hour per week paid internship. Qualified candidates must be an enrolled student or recent college graduate looking to gain work experience.
What you will have an opportunity to work on:
The main responsibilities of this position will be to contribute to the development, maintenance, enhancement of features and tests related to the kernel technologies. The position will work with a variety of target platforms (PowerPC, Intel, ARM) and working closely with a talented group of OS, kernel and architecture experts.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of Operating Systems or taken courses in Operating Systems
- Practical experience with at least the C language
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Assembly language is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, shell scripts etc. is also a plus
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.