Sales Manager, Medical
The Sales Manager manages sales activities of medical market segment. Acts as the voice of the market/or the customer in an assigned, market segment or group of customers.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules and practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates; forecasts sales activities and assists in setting performance goals accordingly.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales; advises dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients; negotiates and closes deals.
- Assists in product research and development.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units within company.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; with 3-5 years sales or technical service experience in given market segment and/or nonwovens products; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- An understanding of industry trends
- Analytical skills and business acumen
- Technical product knowledge and a solid understanding of the industry
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]