Position Title: RELIABILITY ENGINEER
location: whiting mill
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Mativ’s Whiting Mill is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join our dynamic team where your experience and efforts make a difference. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager and is located in Stevens Point, WI.
The incumbent will provide advanced maintenance support and scheduling services to meet safety, maintenance, and operations objectives of the facility. This position will identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The incumbent will provide technical expertise for predictive, preventative, and general maintenance best practices while emphasizing safe working practices. The ideal candidate has the attitude, initiative, and excellent skills to support Mativ’s collaborative, high-achievement culture.
Support and maintain all equipment and buildings at the Whiting facility.
- Counsel operations, technical, engineering and maintenance concerning equipment or process problems to ensure that necessary and proper information is available for use in solving problems and selecting equipment.
- Ensure optimum equipment availability for internal customers.
- Support maintenance efforts as required with outside contractors, machine shops, and vendors to obtain proper job performance at economical labor and material costs.
- Utilize the continuous improvement process to investigate and implement solutions to repeating problems.
- Identify repeating failure modes and alternative long-term solutions.
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Provide guidance to the maintenance team to minimize equipment downtime.
- Assist in developing maintenance training programs to reinforce reliability centered maintenance knowledge and practices.
Support data collection by others and develop and maintain reliability programs for plant equipment.
- Vibration analysis – Completed on schedule. Reports analyzed and needed repairs completed.
- Infrared and ultrasonic analysis – Completed on schedule. Reports analyzed and needed repairs completed.
- Oil analysis – Completed on schedule. Reports analyzed and needed repairs completed.
- Safety relief valve inspections – Completed on schedule. Reports analyzed and needed repairs completed.
- Ability to Perform FMEA and RCA on critical assets and failures
- Electrical testing and reliability.
- PDMA testing.
- Evaluate and optimize equipment preventative maintenance (actions/frequency).
- Develop effective routes for routine maintenance checks.
- Explore new technology and methods that improve equipment reliability.
- Motor inspections, DC motor maintenance and follow up.
- Hoist inspections
- Clutch inspections
- PM’s and lube routes
- Support a culture of continuous improvement in cost savings
- Work to optimize maintenance costs within the facility.
- Maintain and develop assets to support growth initiatives through an optimal balance of safety, sustaining, cost savings, and strategic capital spending.
- Support production goals of throughput, yield, and uptime through maintenance efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical, or a related area, and at least three years’ experience which demonstrates process troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving abilities.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Reliability Engineer experience in paper mill, coating, saturating or converting operations is preferred.
- Understanding of activities and procedures required for efficient and quality work completion.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project. Experience with Oracle is helpful.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced production setting
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is a distinct plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].