At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
The Quality Engineer will support the development and maintenance of the Quality System to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality levels.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of the systems used for analysis of customer (external) and internal nonconformance reports and the development of implementation of effective corrective and preventive actions working closely with other team members and make recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct process capability analysis and prepare statistical process control charts for use on the production floor as well as in the development and evaluation of current and/or new specifications.
- Work with other teams to conduct FMEAs for processes / products and develop control plans based on the output.
- Have essential communication for training employees to Quality Systems and be a change agent through the company. Assist with trainings at all levels on shop floors across different shifts.
- Execute the metrology program for quality test equipment including internal and external calibration and verification activities are completed and maintained as current throughout the manufacturing process.
- Assist with management of the quality hold area and complete appropriate documentation to ensure the control of nonconforming product. Transfer material to and from quality hold in inventory control system as approved by management. Attend MRB meetings for further disposition of the material.
- Maintain the SCAR database and facilitate the testing of incoming raw material testing and audit the receiving of raw materials.
- Conduct essential communication to and training of employees on quality management requirements; operation of test equipment and performance of test methods. Act as a catalyst for continuous quality improvement throughout the process.
- Troubleshoot quality issues on the production floor using analytical approach and data analysis to draw conclusion and work with Production team towards a successful resolution.
- Facilitate to enhance existing test methods and equipment as a continuous improvement within the facility.
- Participate and lead internal audits of the ISO 9001-2015 system and perform cGMP audits.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field + 5 years quality and/or supervisory related experience and/or training required. Preference will be given to those with Lean Six Sigma or Practical Process Improvement training and certification as well as experience with formal Quality Management ISO Certification Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Experience with computer-based quality data information systems (e.g. Minitab, ERP systems, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills using formal process tools and techniques (e.g. PDCA, DMAIC, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels in the organization
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]