Why work for us?
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
What we can offer you:
- $3000.00 Sign-on Bonus!
- Competitive rewards programs (401k matching, BRAVO rewards)
- Career advancement (The More you Learn the more you Earn)
- Tuition Reimbursement (We invest in your development)
- Work/life balance
Summary of Responsibilities:
Set up, start up and maintain reprocessing production machinery to support the production department and the waste stream management goals of the company while maintaining conformance with customer specifications.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform all functions and duties of a Granulator Operator when needed.
- Operate a fork truck and or hand truck bringing materials to and from the warehouse.
- Conduct a shift exchange with incoming pelletizer operator, explaining issues during shift and discuss upcoming orders.
- Perform pre-operation checklist to ensure safety.
- Read and interpret reprocessing paper work including, but not limited to, sales orders, production notes customer specifications, process condition sheets and set-up sheets.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Set up Pelletizer using previously determined guidelines and specifications.
- Start up Pelletizer and maintain the line within specification.
- Inspect running material and take pellet samples from water bath to check for quality of pellets.
- Accurately weighs and records material.
- Observes machine to detect problems.
- Make tooling changes and adjustments to machinery with little or no supervision (e.g. cleaning screws).
- Data entry into computer to include tracking of machine time, total pelletized per shift, etc.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of pelletizer and reprocessing department.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, gaylords, boxes, and shelves via forklift or by hand.
- Load resins into blenders, dryers and hoppers by hand or with assistance from vacuum system.
- Prepare skids, barrels, and kegs for return to warehouse, ensuring that all products are packaged as per specification with proper labels and material details.
- Attend bi-weekly shift meeting.
- May be required to train other Operators.
- Follow all safety and lock-out procedures associated with the pelletizer and its operation.
- Participate in PPI Practical Process Improvement Activities to continuously improve operations.
- Any and all other duties assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One to three years production experience is desirable.
- Experience with dies and extruders is desirable.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers, supervisors, managers, and customers as required.
- Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply with the aid of a calculator.
- Ability to perform complex calculations that include but are not limited to fractions and decimals.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills are required. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, data entry of reprocessing materials and production into PDE database.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex multiple step instructions.
- Ability to deal with non-standardized situations with multiple variables.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined, attention to detail.
- Position may require overtime based on business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand (for a 12 hour shift); walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds from the floor to waist height. Employee is limited to lifting not more than 60 pounds to a height of their knuckles (measured when the arms are extended at their sides). Average weight is 40 pounds. Could lift 48 – 65 40 lb kegs per day totaling approximately 1900-2600 pounds per day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally climb and balance.
- Frequent bending is required.
- Must be able to push or pull material handling equipment loaded with raw materials or finished product.
- Must be physically able to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- The employee is occasionally required to smell.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperatures range from normal to extremely hot.
- Atmosphere will contain dust, fumes, and odors.
- Special hazards include mechanical, electrical, chemical, explosive, and radiation.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibrations.
- Environment is moderately loud.
Protective clothing/equipment required could include, but not limited to safety glasses, steel toed boots, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]