We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have made SWM a global leader for decades.
We are looking for hand-on, safety-focused and problem-solving oriented individuals who want to grow with our company. Sound like you? If so, reach out to us and apply today.
Due to recent promotions, we are looking for our next Process Specialist to join our Minneapolis team!Here's a quick look at some of the responsibilities you'll have:
The Process Specialist is responsible for the process and quality control function of the Minneapolis plant and well as defining the process parameters for the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment. The Process Specialist identifies productivity gains and cost reductions for standard products and supports the commercialization of products developed within own group and those developed by New Business Development.
Technical and Quality Support
- Provides process and troubleshooting support to Operations
- Optimizes process conditions & schedule
- Provides training to operating personnel to ensure safe, efficient and standardized operations.
- Monitors/controls quality test results to ensure material meets specifications at time of shipment.
- Manages material review ensuring non-conforming material is within specification or is scrapped.
- Provides competitive analysis for sales.
- Optimizes packaging schemes to provide solutions to SWM and customer.
- Assists with extrusion operator training and development.
- Manages non-conform product circuit and disposition of NC materials
- Seeks material cost reductions through usage (scrap reduction, weight control), or alternate sources.
- Optimizes equipment to implement productivity increases.
- Works with Engineering and customer to commercialize new products from internally driven requests and Development requests.
- Responsible for execution of new product trials and related experimental work; including evaluating and reporting results.
- Works with other technicians and/or provides guidance to production personal as needed during new product trials.
- Performs testing per standards and develops new test methods as projects dictate.
- Participates in customer interactions to determine solutions for their needs.
- Associate’s Degree plus 2 years plastic experience and/or 4+ years plastics manufacturing experience, or combination of relevant education and experience.
- 10+ years manufacturing experience is preferred
- Extensive Document Control experience is required
- Knowledge of extrusion operations is preferred
- Six Sigma Greenbelt is preferred
The Process Specialist will have the ability to:
- Be a liaison between departments and management
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate advanced problem solving skills
- Use excellent written and verbal skills
- Work effectively in teams
- Demonstrate excellent mathematical skills
- Read and comprehend English
- Travel (0-10% typical)
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]