Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Oak Street Health believes everyone deserves great healthcare – the kind you’d want for your own family. We specialize in providing exceptional care for older adults on Medicare, often in underserved communities where there is little or no quality healthcare.
Oak Street Health is on a mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be with an innovative care model that centers on wellness-based, positive health outcomes for patients, not the volume of services provided. Our unwavering commitment to keeping patients healthy is highlighted by dedicated care teams that take time to get to know each individual, providing the personalized care they need to stay healthy and live life more fully.
We’re an organization on the move! Our rapidly growing national network of primary care centers is staffed by a diverse team of outstanding care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com
As a Manager, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for managing a team of data engineers and developers. This team is responsible for delivering high quality modern data solutions through collaboration with engineers, analysts, and product teams in a fast-paced, agile environment leveraging cutting-edge technology to reimagine how Healthcare is provided. You will be instrumental in the designing, integrating, and implementing solutions as well supporting migrations of existing workloads to Azure cloud.
- This individual would be leading a team of data engineers and will be responsible for designing and developing data solutions that are strategic for the business built on the latest technologies and patterns
- Develop and operate modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions
- Work closely with other development teams to create the platform vision and evolve the product roadmap.
- Set appropriate project backlogs and manage ongoing changes.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a data developer using Python, Kafka, Spark Streaming, SQL Server, Cosmos DB/Mongo DB, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Data Lake Storage, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing engineering teams
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in ETL/ ELT design, implementation and maintenance and promoting best
- Minimum of 3 years of management / mentor experience with leading a technical team
- Experience building cloud solutions using DevOps lifecycle, good knowledge of CI/CD pipelines & tools, story/backlog board management
- Strong Knowledge of data integration and business intelligence
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.