Tech Lead/Senior Distributed Systems Engineer (Hybrid-Cloud DataStore)
Tech Lead (Distributed Systems Software Engineering)
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to expand our Nutanix Files team in Serbia. You will have a rare opportunity to architect, design and develop a Multi-Cloud/Hybrid Cloud data product, solving some of the most interesting challenges in the industry today, while providing mentorship to a group of young Engineers.
Nutanix Files solution
Nutanix Files is a software-defined scale-out file storage solution. It improves storage services by providing high availability, massive scale, simplified self-service management, self-tuning and self-healing. Unlike other Network-attached storage (NAS) solutions it can be deployed stand-alone or as part of the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS.
The Nutanix Files team in Serbia was established in Spring of 2022, and has been constantly growing since then. As one of the first people in the team you will have a strong influence on future growth and development of the product and the team.
- Build distributed Data or Control Path software for a converged computing/storage platform in private or public cloud environments.
- Optimize software for high performance and scale.
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency features in the software.
- Mentor junior engineers and be involved in scaling the team.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products;
What will you bring
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working on developing Systems and/or Distributed software.
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, python, golang.
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux.
- Technical leadership and passion for programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience;
Great to have
- Experience in a Tech/Team lead role and mentoring junior team members.
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Familiarity with virtualization and storage management;
Meet the hiring manager!
Kalpesh Bafna, Technical Director, is the global head of this team. He is a hands-on tech manager with a solid track record of leading winning teams who successfully delivered complex software features.
Kalpesh started with Nutanix 8 years back, as a founding engineer for Nutanix Files product, and is looking for people who share the same passion for software development, as well as leading teams to solve complex distributed systems problems.
What the Team Says
“People here have really diverse knowledge, especially in the field of distributed systems. They are very productive, but also very fun to work with. Each day has new interesting challenges, and everyone is very open to new ideas. Sometimes maybe too open, so be careful when you say “I would like to change this thing from scratch”. :)
Don’t be surprised when action is taken instantly after your proposals.”
How we work
All team members have the liberty to choose their work location. Some prefer remote work, while others like to work from the office, and from time to time the whole group meets in person. Everyone has a lot of autonomy in their everyday work, but also we strive to stay connected and provide help to each other whenever needed. We also have weekly Nutanix lunch days that are a great opportunity to connect in person with the team and other colleagues.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.