Senior Consultant (SQL/Oracle)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Job Summary – Senior Consultant (SQL/Oracle)
Nutanix Services primary goal is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, delivers migrations, hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
The Senior Consultant will work in the Services organization to help clients establish architectural vision and direction. He or she will help clients design, deploy, and migrate complex applications as well as work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and repeatable solutions for partners.
* Billable Project work 60% of time
* Provide Database consultancy services to existing Nutanix customer as well as potential customers
* Evangelize the Nutanix platform to Application owners, DBAs and management
* Participate in a pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME
* Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers
* Up to 70% of travel
* Expertise in at least one of the following Database systems (past and current versions): Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. Prefer experience in both with mastery in SQL.
* Proficient in virtualization technologies with a focus on VMware (experience with of additional hypervisors is a plus). Must have hands on experience designing and deploying vSphere environments.
* Experience with enterprise datacenter infrastructure including servers, storage, networking
* Proficient in designing, implementing and administering large complex database environments in both physical and virtual server hosting patterns.
* Able to design, implement and administer advanced Database capabilities such as (but not limited to) Database Mirroring, Disaster Recovery, Monitoring, Backups, and Restores.
* Experience scripting languages such as, Bash, Python, PowerShell
* A minimum of 10 years of industry experience
* High level of comfort in presenting by means of white boarding sessions and PowerPoint presentations
* Experience in consulting, either from a Vendor, VAR, or System Integrator.
* Experience in designing and deploying business critical applications such as SAP, Exchange, Active Directory
* Experience with other DB technologies such as (SAP Hana/MongoDB/PostgreSQL/MySQL/Db2)
* Experience designing and building database solutions hosted in cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) Technologies or Azure
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
* Location: North America (All States) and Asia
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.