Site Coordinator - Harrison Morton Middle School
You have passion for helping others. Now it’s time to bring your passion to life by joining the Communities In Schools (CIS) Team as a Site Coordinator.
About Us and What we Offer You
CIS is more than just a program - we are a team of caring individuals, motivated and trained to do whatever it takes to keep kids coming to the classroom ready to learn and to help prepare them for the future. We are the face of trusting relationships with families. We are the face of encouragement when students need some extra help achieving their goals. We are the face of student support across our community.
As a Site Coordinator, you’ll be the face of CIS, working inside a school as an active member of the school community. We provide you with evidence-based best practices, and you’ll use your creativity and expertise to develop and deliver resources tailored to meet your students’ needs. And you’ll be supported by a national network of caring and dedicated professionals just like you.
At CIS, we are fully focused on equity and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
At CIS, our employees are rewarded for their motivation to support others. We offer top-notch benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical plan which includes access to free, 24-hour telemedicine
- A broad range of additional benefits including dental, vision, HSA, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with discretionary company match
- Generous paid time off, plus school holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Summer 4-day workweek
What the Job Looks Like
The Site Coordinator implements the Communities In Schools evidence-based model of Integrated Student Supports through coordinated efforts with the school leadership, staff, and other service providers in the school. Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Create an inventory of needs within a school community by collecting objective data and surveying students, families, and school staff
- Collaborate with school administrators and staff to plan school-wide, group-level, and individual student supports that address the most highly prioritized needs within the school
- Partner with volunteers, nonprofits, government agencies, and businesses within the community to bring vital resources into the school, where students and families can access them
- Case manage students identified as at-risk of dropout
- Strengthen relationships between the school and parent/guardians through meaningful communication and family engagement events
- Research and apply best practices from other Communities In Schools sites and from local and national educational and service programs
- Collect, track, and report data regarding school-wide, group-level, and individual student outcomes using the CIS web-based data management system
- Attend CIS events and school events
- Serve as a well-informed ambassador in furthering the CIS mission, its goals, and programs
Important Qualifications to your Success
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, or a similar field is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Data analysis and data management systems experience preferred
- You are a strong communicator with demonstrated ability to build rapport at all levels
- You are motivated by challenges and have a “get it done” positive attitude
- You are at your best when working independently and have demonstrated decision-making skills
- You are committed to finding solutions in order to support the needs of your students and families
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ovscffw8&s=Indeed
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.