Wireless Network Systems Technician
WIRELESS NETWORK SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Come be a part of our growth! Velaspan has an amazing opportunity for someone interested in the field of Wireless Network Design and Consulting! We offer mentoring, and training for the right self-motivated individual! In this role, you will be completing wireless site surveys and installation of wireless equipment at our customer facilities in locations throughout the country and potentially international as well! Travel will encompass 30-60% of your time. We have a specific need for client support in Montgomery, Delaware, and Lower Bucks County area.
Can you answer yes to the following questions? If so, you might be the right person for our position:
- Would you like to learn from and work with the best in the industry?
- Do you want a career in IT, but do not want to be chained to a desk all day?
- Do you want to travel to and work with highly successful companies in virtually every business environment?
- Do you have experience with 802.11 standards, TCP/IP network design, and internet protocols, AND/OR you are an outgoing, motivated, self-starter, with an aptitude for IT?
- Do you want a career where there is an opportunity to grow within the company and develop new skills?
About Us and What We Offer You
Based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Velaspan is a leading professional services organization that specializes in wireless network design and consulting services. Velaspan consultants have been integral in the development of thousands of indoor and outdoor mobility solutions across virtually every business environment including enterprise, government, pharmaceutical, healthcare, manufacturing, logistics, and education. Leveraging extensive experience with wireless infrastructure and mobile data collection devices, Velaspan is uniquely positioned to design, deliver and support the mobility solution that is right for any business.
Benefits and Perks
At Velaspan we are passionate about the quality of our work. We are a dedicated group of professionals who love what we do and where we work. We are often referred within the wireless industry to solve problems others cannot solve and are committed to excellence and strive to offer unmatched support to our customers. We offer our employees great perks like:
- A generous salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Variety of benefits - including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
- Ability to contribute and be part of our exciting ongoing growth
- A fun job in the IT field working with the best in the industry
- Opportunities to work with clients in diverse industries
- This entry-level role has growth potential to Engineer positions
What the Job Looks Like
As Wireless Network Service Technician, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the growth and success of Velaspan through the following responsibilities:
- Direct interaction with customers on a daily basis both from a network design and ongoing support perspective
- Traveling to customer sites (ability to travel 30%-60% -local, national and international)
- Conducting wireless site surveys and completing site analysis
- Authoring site survey reports, installation reports, and other required documents
- Understanding diverse wireless network platforms
- Understanding customer business requirements and tailoring a wireless network solution to meet their needs
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Working knowledge of enterprise-class computer networking, including Cisco router, switch, and access point hardware desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain meaningful professional relationships
- Outgoing and friendly personality with a customer-focused attitude
- Proficient skills working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and sense of urgency
- Polished business communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to client sites and company events both by car and airplane
- Comfort working with heights up to 40 ft
- Handy, familiarity with hand tools
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oiHOefwL&s=myHRpartner
Please note – to be considered, applicants must include:
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for Velaspan
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.