Human Resources Administrator
Are you looking for an opportunity to further your HR Career? Lehigh County Authority is seeking an outgoing, energetic professional to join our team in the role of HR Coordinator/Admin. Here, you’ll have the ability to work closely with employees at all levels, develop your administrative HR skills, and cultivate an exciting human resources career with a growing organization.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for performing hands-on, day-to-day administrative HR functions related to benefits, compensation/performance management, disability management, labor, recruitment, safety, training and development, recordkeeping, and reporting.
What you’ll do:
As our HR Coordinator/Admin, you will use your self-starter approach to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of Lehigh County Authority through the following core job responsibilities:
- Own the administrative functions of HR in the processing, tracking, and auditing of invoices, employee benefit, and payroll changes with high attention to detail.
- Provide HR support to the LCA team by answering employee requests and questions on matters including but not limited to benefits, leaves of absence, and job opportunities.
- Administer health, leave, and welfare plans and process transactions through payroll and benefit consultant(s) to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assist with full cycle recruiting including posting positions to job boards, scheduling interviews, conducting background/reference checks, and onboarding of new employees.
- Administer compensation programs including union, general and step increases, annual non-union merit increases, and performance evaluations.
- Develop employee training resources and tracking programs.
- Maintain HRIS records, organization charts, and employee directories while ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the employee handbook and policies & procedures manual.
- Participate in developing departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Important Qualifications to your Success:
- Education: Associate degree or higher in Human Resources or similar discipline. SHRM-CP or HRCI certification preferred, or ability to obtain certification within 24 months of hire.
- Experience:2-4 years of working knowledge and experience in human resources principals, practices, and procedures with a strong focus in administrative duties preferred. Experience with union environments a plus.
- Computer Skills:Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with a strong focus in Excel required; experience with SharePoint, HRIS, and business systems preferred.
- Customer Service / Communication: Clear and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism and diplomacy are a must.
- Time Management:Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and meet deadlines.
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable, and of the high quality our customers expect.
Benefits and Perks:
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
- Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life insurance, long-term disability, and short-term disability
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Defined Benefit Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oh4Ykfwn&s=Jobvite
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position.
Lehigh County Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, Veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.