Wireless Systems Engineer (Mid or Senior)
At Velaspan we are looking to add a couple of Wireless Systems Engineers, either a mid or senior level, to join our team in the Allentown or Philadelphia, PA areas (remote considered). As a Wireless Systems Engineer, you will join the team collaborating with clients while performing Wireless Site Survey, Spectrum Analysis, Wireless Network System Installation and Configuration, RF Coverage Verification, Network Troubleshooting. If you are a detailed oriented multi-tasker who enjoys a mix of focused work, travel, and collaborative client interaction, then this might be the job for you!
About Us and What We Offer You
Based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Velaspan is a leading professional services organization that specializes in wireless network design and consulting services. Velaspan consultants have been integral in the development of thousands of indoor and outdoor mobility solutions across virtually every business environment including enterprise, government, pharmaceutical, healthcare, manufacturing, logistics, and education. Leveraging extensive experience with wireless infrastructure and mobile data collection devices, Velaspan is uniquely positioned to design, deliver and support the mobility solution that is right for any business.
Benefits and Perks
At Velaspan we are passionate about the quality of our work. We are a dedicated group of professionals who love what we do and where we work. We are often referred within the wireless industry to solve problems others cannot solve and are committed to excellence and strive to offer unmatched support to our customers. We offer our employees great perks like:
- A generous salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Variety of benefits - including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
- Ability to contribute and be part of our exciting ongoing growth
- A fun job in the IT field working with the best in the industry
- Opportunities to work with clients in diverse industries
- Company-paid training opportunities
What the Job Looks Like
As a Wireless Systems Engineer or Senior Wireless Systems Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the growth and success of Velaspan and our amazing clients. This exciting opportunity will allow you to expand your skills as a wireless networking professional in an exciting role with unlimited opportunities for growth. Key responsibilities include:
- Interface with client contacts on a daily basis
- Make necessary travel arrangements and changes as required
- Maintain Velaspan supplied network test equipment, ensuring working order, configuration, and required inventory to complete specific engagements as assigned
- Manage time and schedule during onsite activities to ensure project completion
- Keep project management personnel informed of progress and potential issues
- Project tasks include: Wireless Site Survey, Spectrum Analysis, Wireless Network System Installation and Configuration, RF Coverage Verification, Network Troubleshooting
- Interface with Velaspan project management and sales staff during and after onsite activities
- Preparation of client-facing documentation
Important Qualifications to Your Success
- 2-10 years of experience in a network administration or systems engineering role
- Working knowledge of enterprise-class computer networking, including Cisco router, switch, and access point hardware desired
- Knowledge of a variety of vendor technology systems such as Cisco, Aruba, ClearPass, Ekahau, AirMagnet, Meraki etc. preferred
- Skilled use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain meaningful professional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and sense of urgency
- Polished business communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to client sites and company events both by car and airplane
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ob7Njfw8&s=myHRpartner
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!
At Velaspan, we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to that by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.