Water/Wastewater Operations Supervisor (Night Shift)
Water/Wastewater Operations Supervisor (Night Shift)
Lehigh County Authority is seeking a Water/Wastewater Operations Supervisor in Allentown, PA. The Shift Supervisor performs a variety of duties to assure the proper and efficient operations of the City’s water treatment facilities and wastewater treatment facilities. This role serves as the supervisory functional point of contact for emergencies during second and third shift operations for the water distribution system and sewage conveyance systems, in addition to the treatment plant facilities.
What the Job Looks Like
Typically, this position will require 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off. Work times are generally evening and nighttime hours. Overtime will be available.
- Provides quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens, and internal departments.
- Supervises and assigns work to treatment plant operators and other employees engaged in the operation and routine maintenance of treatment and disposal equipment and facilities for water and wastewater functional systems.
- Inspect operations; review recordings of operations and tests on various processes and recommends changes as necessary.
- Responsible for the operational activities at the water treatment plant and the wastewater treatment in the absence of the Assistant Plant Manager.
- Assists subordinates with their duties as required, trains subordinates.
- Maintains and orders an inventory of supplies and materials as required.
- Enforces safety rules.
- Prepares and maintains necessary records and reports.
- Performs other related work as required.
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required; Two years of college level courses with major course work in engineering or science curriculum preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of supervisory experience and experience with SharePoint, GIS, SCADA, CMMS are preferred.
- Licensure: Possession of a valid driver’s license as issued by the State of Pennsylvania required.
- Ability to obtain a Class A, Sub classification 2 Wastewater Systems Operators Certificate and Class A, Sub classifications 1, 7, 8, 10, 12 Water System Operators Certificate.
- Must obtain 24-Hour HAZWOPER, Technician Level training within one year of appointment to the position.
- Skills: Excellent oral/written communication and working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) are required.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, techniques and equipment used in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment and water filtration plant.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to read, understand and record meter and gauge readings accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations and prepare reports.
- Ability to physically perform the duties, including lifting up to 60 pounds, to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with superiors, subordinates, other employees, and also the public
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
Benefits and Perks
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
- Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower).
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oDpAlfwH&s=Jobvite
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position.
Lehigh County Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lehigh County Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, Veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!