41% of Americans currently have medical debt. That’s crazy! At AblePay Health, our customers are our members, and we are on a mission to help them with the epidemic of rising healthcare costs. To support our rapid growth, we’re on the hunt for a values-driven Claims Adjudicator that wants to work hard, have fun, and make a difference with us in Bethlehem, PA.
Because we get it. Doctors send bills to patients and patients delay payments because they simply don’t have the money up front. It’s an unfortunate reality that AblePay has the solution for! Every day we challenge our team members to walk a mile in the shoes of our customers. As a result, we are searching for the best, brightest to join our team. At AblePay, each team member is pushed to express their opinions, stand up, ask for the ball, and run with it to meet our goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Unique – This is not your typical Claims Adjudicator role. We want you to challenge the status quo and make the position yours.
- Rewarding – Your work truly makes a difference. You are VALUED.
- Challenging – We reward innovation, creativity, and the ability to GET STUFF DONE.
Not sold yet?
We are conveniently located in the beautiful and historic Bethlehem, PA. But that’s not all! We are proud to offer a benefit package that includes medical, HRA, dental, 401K, PTO, and, paid parking.
The Claims Adjudicator will assure claims received from billing providers are evaluated for data integrity and validate the Patient Responsibility before processing to the secure Member Portal. This process includes building and maintaining outstanding relationships with providers. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process electronic and paper claims on a daily basis
- Verifies and reviews claims received are accurate before adjudication
- Reviews and resolves claim discrepancies in a timely manner
- Contacts billing providers to correct AblePay Member ID and insurance information as needed
- Establishes a working relationship with billing providers, Members and internal staff
- Assists Members on any related dispute/issue as authorized
- Assists Members with general billing questions
- Contacts medical providers to negotiate the greatest discount/savings on out of network claims
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2-3 years medical billing experience
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and escalate for assistance as needed
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with various internal and external parties to resolve member issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, and customer service skills
- Ability to proactively identify payer and provider trends, and to communicate this to management
- Excellent listening skills and ability to empathize with members
- Excellent computer skills and experience in the Microsoft Office Suite
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.