Receiving Supervisor - Evening Shift
Production Planning: Shipping and Receiving Manager
Receiving (Both Shifts)
Moorefield Prepared Foods
Position Summary: In two - four sentences, what are the end results or purpose of this job?
The individual will carry out all supervisory responsibilities for the Receiving Department in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include supervising the processes and procedures in the Receiving Department. Ensures raw materials are verified against records of shipment. Oversees the inspection of good received. Supervising the maintenance of records of damaged or defective (out of specification) items and discrepancies in quantities and weights. Records time, date, source and destination of materials received. Supervises 1st and 2nd shift receiving personnel. Maintains responsibility for fleet drivers for Receiving and Shipping as Driver/Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises employees engaged in verifying and keeping records of incoming shipments of raw material. Oversees incoming receiving activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Studies receiving notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and production needs to determine receiving priorities, work assignments, and receiving methods required to meet receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of receiving procedures.
- Oversees movement of shipments from receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Inspects receiving operations to ensure compliance with receiving, SOP, and quality assurance specifications.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel for repair.
- Provides supervision, training, scheduling, and guidance to receiving personnel.
- Oversees and directs cleaning as necessary of raw material storage areas to meet USDA requirements.
- Administers and documents GMP and Safety training monthly.
- Provides oversight for eight commercially licensed drivers as Driver/Manager.
- Conducts monthly safety “Tailgate Talks” with assigned drivers.
- Monitors license renewal; driver hours; and renewal of DOT physicals and ensures drivers are timely in meeting requirements to maintain driver status.
- Strictly enforces all safety, OSHA, USDA and HACCP regulations set by the company.
Any other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Elements: Quantify and describe briefly (direct, hire, terminate, appraise, recommend, etc)
Provides Day to day oversight on job assignments, scheduling and supervision of approximately 12 Receiving Workers on 2 shifts. Responsible for instruction, evaluation, discipline, and continuous training of receiving partners.
Decision Making Authority: Describe with examples and estimate of frequency
Has authority to make decisions and must be capable of working with or without direct supervision
List principal contacts/customers
Internal: Work activities require daily contact with plant management,supervisors, QA,USDA etc.
External: Work activities require daily contact with outside companies, vendors, other authorities as related to product processing.
Difficulty of Duties: Must be proficient and knowledgeable of receiving raw meat, production processes, aspects of QA, Safety, and Company Policies and procedures.
Responsibility for Confidential Information: Must be able to maintain high confidentially
Education: One-year certificate from college or technical school, or three to six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Maintain current CDL.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use voice mail and e-mail effectively.
- Ability to speak effectively before group of customers or employees.
- Math Skills: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: A high degree of reasoning ability is associated with this position to assure that product specifications are met to assure a wholesome product for customers.
Integral Knowledge & Skills:
Qualifications to perform full job at acceptable level
Must be fully trained and able to supervise all aspects of receiving raw meat for use by the Moorefield prepared foods facility.
The supervisor must be skilled at effectively and fairly managing personnel issues which arise in his/her area. Personnel related duties include but are not limited to: Coaching, counseling, assigning work, training, evaluating, and upholding company policy with the designated production area.
Must be aware of QA, USDA, and Safety standard required throughout the facility.