JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
A Claim Investigator responds to notifications of discrepancies that may be reported by customers, truck lines, plant personnel, sales, field reps, customer service, etc. These notifications may be in regards to such as product integrity, quality, damage and/or count discrepancies. It is the role of the Claim Investigator to act as mediator between the outside parties and internal personnel to resolve this issue.
- Demonstrate strong Customer Service with ability to make decisions to mitigate losses quickly.
- Communicate with a sense of urgency to customers, carriers and plants via phone and email.
- Investigate root cause of claims /deductions (transportation, plant, sales, customer error etc.)
- Acquire required documentation needed to determine liability quickly.
- Review legal documentation and determine if the parties involved have provided the required information to process a claim and have fulfilled their contractual requirements.
- Gather data and relay it to teams to problem solve for customer accounts.
- Interact with teams across the business to resolve customer disputes and requests.
- Communicate JBS guidelines to appropriate parties.
- Update information in SAP workflow.
- Track data in Excel using pivot tables and extensive formulas.
- Intermediate Data Analysis, find trends and develop conclusions on claims.
- Work and learn new business areas in order to reduce cost.
- Facilitate and support collection efforts against outside facilities and carriers/liners.
- Self-driven to learn and adapt quickly and be a team player.
- Intermediate Excel proficiency.
- Excellent communication, computer, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Prior experience handling customer accounts i.e.; accounts receivables, claims and deductions.
- Understands cash application processes in order to assist customer accounts.
- 2 – 3 year’s customer service experiences with the ability to problem solve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related field.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $18;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.