EssenceMediacom | Art DirectorApply Now
EssenceMediacom | Art Director
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency. We are building the agency of the future by combing Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with Mediacom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise. Our promise is to deliver breakthrough thinking for brands and our people. This means reinventing how brands interact with customers to take advantage of the opportunities of the new communications economy. In doing so, building a breakthrough culture and career opportunities for our people.
The role of Art Director sits in EssenceMediacom’s Creative Futures team. Creative Futures works at the intersection of data and technology, media and creative to drive relevance for brands. Not disruptive or annoying, we strive to reshape how brands connect with consumers by creating advertising that is relevant and useful to the end user. Our data-driven and insight-led approach truly delivers on the promise of 'right moment, right message’. We are the integration of content and context, and deliver 21st century creative through cultural, platform and cultural relevance.
About the role
The Art Director will be a key communicator for our clients' businesses. You will take their business problems and create solutions that not only communicate the key facts clearly and concisely but also in an unconventional and resounding way. Successful execution of this role will require a combination of creativity, strategic thinking, and exceptional writing skills.
What will make you stand out
- Be a team player that can confidently build relationships with the wider Creative Futures team
- Work alongside the E&M media buying (Marketplace) teams to develop and maintain relationships with key media owners e.g.: programming, broadcast integration and editorial teams.
- Can Inspire and manage a creative team to deliver on time, to budget and resolve creative challenges efficiently.
- Recognise, work through and resolve creative differences (internally and externally).
- Foster a culture of creativity, passion and energy for our client’s businesses.
- Contribute to team and culture initiatives to help maintain our positive workplace culture that promotes and supports work/life balance, fulfilment and job satisfaction.
- Celebrate successes with internal team and client.
- Become a trusted creative voice our clients can come to with questions, new creative briefs and business challenges.
- Think conceptually and solve business problems presented by the client.
- Understand the importance of the “big idea” and how well the work reflects it within the framework of the clients’ brand.
- Contribute to the communication, demonstration and evolution of the EssenceMediacom creative product to clients at the highest possible standard.
More about you
- 3 + years of experience designing for advertising/marketing agencies.
- A great eye and an even better communicator.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thorough understanding of graphic design, page layout, typography, photography and illustration techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in concept development in direct marketing.
- Be able to execute concepts to a high visual standard for client presentations.
- Strong sense of how direct marketing communication should be implemented.
- Comfortable taking on both online and offline projects.
- Understanding of brand, product, digital media, and how people interact with each of them.
- Proven ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Habitually on top of inspiring, cutting-edge technologies, cultural trends and developments.
- Successful experience working with and selling to clients.
- Ability to direct creative teams, photographers and other 3rd party creative groups.
- Strong time management and an independent thinker.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other internal teams.
- Sense of humour that compliments the brief.
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program
Apply now and send your CV via the link!