Business Development Manager - Fertilizers, Mining and Agriculture, Brazil
Job Title Business Development Manager Fertilizers, Mining and Agriculture, Brazil
Job type: Permanent
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reporting Relationship: SVP Latam
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B price reporting, consulting and conferences business providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools and data is a key part of our organisation.
The Business Development Manager will engage with Brazil-based companies active in fertilizers, mining and agriculture markets.
Specific Job Duties
The Business Development Manager is expected to perform the following:
- Build relationships with government entities, fertilizers/mining/agriculture companies, traders, distributors, co-ops, large end-users and other stakeholders in Brazil.
- Secure usage of Argus prices among companies and entities active in these markets by identifying opportunities, crafting and delivering appropriate messaging to market participants to win support and adoption of Argus benchmarks.
- Understand and stay informed of important market developments to uncover new business opportunities for Argus.
- Regularly communicate, verbally and in writing, information from external meetings and information on market developments to Argus senior management, editorial, sales, and marketing.
- Leverage knowledge gained from market engagements to help update and develop new initiatives aimed at securing market usage of Argus benchmarks.
- Stay on top of the competitive landscape to manage threats and uncover opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent persuasion skills, with the ability to identify and express value propositions and sell ideas.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English a must. Fluency in Spanish a nice to have.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous experience in commodity markets.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience successfully developing prospects, building, and maintaining long-term client relationships.
About Argus Media
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental plans
- Company life insurance plan
- Private pension scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.