Application Support/ Cloud Engineer
Job Title: Application Support/ Cloud Engineer
Job type: Full-time
Reporting Relationship: IT Manager
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
This position is part of the DevOps team, which is responsible for maintaining Argus core platforms and delivering the automation and tooling to increase uptime as well as engineering efficiency out of the technology function. The DevOps team works on a hugely diverse set of initiatives and automation is central to everything the department does.
- Work closely with staff from across Information Technology (IT) and development teams to plan for and ultimately deliver the transition of solutions smoothly into full production status.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of the current project pipeline and ensure a work plan is in place for the on boarding of new technology to production.
- Coach and support other IT staff in order to increase technical and operational capability.
- Share subject matter expertise across the team in order to enhance team effectiveness and ensure quality of DevOps activities.
- Identify opportunities for the removal of inefficient processes within the technology function and provide automated solutions where necessary.
- Contribute to defining the overall technical architecture of the hosting estate, ensuring customer up time needs are met.
- Support infrastructure according to best practices, including routers, switches, wifi controllers and firewalls.
- Perform network security design, integration and documentation.
- Support physical and virtual Windows and Linux servers which include design, deployment and maintenance.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- The willingness and ability to be “on call” per regional instruction.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time in order to fulfil the responsibilities of this position.
- Expert-level experience in supporting production applications hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with working in an agile environment (preferably SCRUM) and being embedded in a development team in a DevOps role.
- Experience supporting Java and .NET applications.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Windows Systems Administration, including deploying and managing servers in a multi-site domain environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Linux System Administration.
- Experience in assessing the suitability and delivery of monitoring tools, frameworks and processes.
- Experience in release and change management, incident and problem management from a technology and process perspective.
- Expert-level experience in scripting and experience programming against AWS Application Program Interfaces (APIs).
- Experience in full automation and configuration management using Puppet Chef and Octopus Deploy.
- Familiarity with any or all of the following (or equivalent): JIRA, Apache, HAProxy, Nagios, MySQL, RabbitMQ (or other service bus and messaging technologies), IIS, logstash, elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with penetration testing and intrusion detection systems.
- Experience supporting AWS workspace/Azure AD.
- Experience supporting Juniper/Meraki.
- Experience supporting Fortigate/Juniper Security Appliance.
- Experience supporting Yealink/Cisco Management.
- Experience supporting Logitech Teams Room/Polycom.
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group healthcare scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.