Senior Consultant, US Analytics & Consulting (Energy Markets)
Job Title: Senior Consultant, US Analytics & Consulting (Energy Markets)
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting Relationship: SVP, Consulting (Global)
Location: Houston, Texas
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Argus Consulting Services is a division of Argus Media — the largest independent energy publisher in the world. We provide clients with customised analysis, research, data and commentary services on international energy markets.
Our work is firmly focused on markets — their structure, logistics and economics. Argus Consulting Services draws on Argus’ key strengths — energy markets expertise, global networks and proprietary databases — in order to deliver real client value.
The division undertakes tailor-made commissioned assignments for a wide variety of clients, including governments, national oil and energy companies, multi-nationals, the finance sector, energy traders, upstream, mid and downstream independents, and clients in the consultancy and energy services sectors.
Argus has developed a strong US based team and we are now looking for an individual to help drive growth within the region. The role involves leading the sale and delivery of projects across Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals alongside day to day management activities relating to the team.
The selected candidate will work in conjunction the US Consulting Lead and other regions to grow and develop our business across the Americas. Staff that have a ‘can-do’ attitude and are prepared to play a role in all aspects of building the business will thrive. The opportunities for reward are excellent.
- Develop relationships with existing and target clients in the Americas, engaging them in content-led business development that showcases Argus capabilities and builds trust
- Generate and manage workflow for Consulting opportunities within the region. Lead project opportunities from inception through delivery. Take responsibility for the proposal process, working closely with Commercial and other stakeholders to deliver winning proposals
- Responsible for ensuring that projects undertaken meet and exceed expected quality standards and financial metrics
- Support the US Consulting Lead in managing the team and developing individuals within it, to ensure that the team has the requisite skills, knowledge and experience to execute projects
- Represent the broader Argus product set, including both Consulting and non-Consulting products, across all industry sectors covered by Argus
- Represent Argus at industry conferences and functions, including making presentations to senior energy industry executives up to CEO/ministerial level.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level. Highly numerate
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrable track record of selling and delivering professional services
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills. Capable of operating at the highest levels within target clients and other relevant organisations
- Existing contacts and relationships with typical Argus target clients an advantage
- Strong political and stakeholder management skills, proficient working in a matrix organisation
- Exposure to - and understanding of - delivery of the types of project Argus is known for
- Very strong knowledge of industry trends that are relevant to Oil & Gas and Petrochemical companies within the region. Some understanding of other sectors covered by Argus (e.g. Fertilizer, Metals) beneficial
- Experience of helping to build a team and / or scale a high growth team within a growing business
- Flexible in approach, highly motivated and determined to contribute to the growth of Argus’ Consulting Services.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 25 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions