Head of Compliance (Global)
Head of Compliance (Global)
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the CFO, we are looking for a Global Compliance Officer to lead a small team focused on hands-on audit and assurance activities, working closely with the business at all levels to ensure delivery of the compliance agenda, including through continuous review and an annual rolling programme of internal audits of editorial processes and procedures.
- Primary point of accountability for delivery of a rigorous assurance programme evidencing real adherence to the company’s compliance policies across all editorial, commercial and support functions.
- Overseeing the successful completion of the annual IOSCO Assurance Review, carried out by an independent audit firm in order to confirm that the company delivers its commitments as a Price Reporting Agency (PRA) under the IOSCO principles
- Overseeing the delivery of the company’s commitments within the framework of the EU’s Benchmark Regulations (via a dedicated affiliate company within the EU)
- Overseeing the company’s adherence to the Chinese regulations for the assessment of Chinese strategic prices
- Overseeing the on-boarding of new customers and vendors in line with the company’s New Business procedures and leading the improvement of all related processes. Resolution of all issues arising from the on-boarding process, particularly in relation to the application of international sanctions, and assisting with in-bound customer questionnaires.
- Membership of the Global Compliance Committee, which is responsible for oversight of the company’s compliance related performance, and which reports directly to the group board on all compliance related matters. Further, recommendations regarding updates to, and expansions of, key policies are channelled through this committee.
- Development and delivery of training and awareness programmes through regular workshops and presentations.
- Oversight of Regulatory Affairs and Data Protection functions.
- Ad hoc projects in conjunction with the CFO.
- Leadership and development of a small team of skilled professional staff.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in commodity markets
- Experience of process design, implementation and improvements and project management activities
- Influencing and communication: the successful candidate must be able to engage with colleagues at all levels and with external parties to achieve successful outcomes
- Leadership skills: the team is small, but the demands and activity spread are significant
- Language skills: a high standard of written English and report writing skills is required, while business level Russian or Chinese would be of benefit
- Hands on as the leader of a small expert team, the successful candidate will need to engage in audit completion and other granular activities.
What’s in it for you
Our rapidly growing, award-winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.