Job Title: Data Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sao Paulo
Reporting Relationship: US Data Team Lead
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B price reporting, consulting and conferences business providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools and data is a key part of our organisation.
Due to the continued growth of both the business and its range of data products, we are looking for an experienced Data developer to join our Global Data Team in Sao Paulo. You will work closely with internal clients of the Data team to develop and support the applications and processes which underpin Argus’ data-driven products.
Over time, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in R and other technologies that support data engineering for machine learning, artificial intelligence and analytics, through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Develop and support tools for price creation and report-building;
- Build metadata that accurately reflects methodology whilst conforming to internal standards;
- Coordinate with Editorial and regional Data teams to plan changes to systems and products;
- Offer data analysis capabilities to internal stakeholders;
- Client support with queries relating to:
- integration of Argus data and metadata into client system;
- data validation;
- provision of data;
- Support wider initiatives and product development by the Data & Data Science function.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Experience of developing tools using VBA in MS Excel and/or MS Access;
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL;
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with R;
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Engineering or related field;
- Experience in visualisation techniques.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to interact with non-technical people in plain language;
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities;
- Numerically proficient;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines;
- Customer service focused.
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg Capital.Benefits
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary;
- Group medical and dental plans;
- Company life insurance plan;
- Private pension scheme;
- Extensive internal and external training.
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.